Grocery List MUST HAVES.

Options
When dieting and calorie counting it's TOTALLY time consuming and EXPENSIVE when grocery shopping. Then it turns into a headache and many people give up. WELL I am in my early 20's like most of us in this group and can't afford to spend money on expensive "healthy" food products. So. . . with a little help from each other we can find the easy way to stick with our healthy eating habits and share some yummy inexpensive FINDS at the market.

My all time FAVORITE FIND OF THE DAY WAS

ARTIC ZERO ICE CREAM (purchased mine at Fresh N Easy $3.99)
the pint itself is ONLY 150 CALORIES!
14 grams of Whey Protein per pint
and 6g carbs per serving
Lactose Free
Gluten Free

UHM WHAT? i used to be married to Ben and Jerry well I divorced them and moved on. LOL.
Its delish cheap and cures your sweet tooth.! You can purchase it online (sounds weird right?)
and they have WAY more flavors! amazon usually has them for pretty cheap.

http://www.myarcticzero.com/images/barnutritionfacts.jpg

NEXT FIND. . . .

Egg White Scramble Bowls (Fresh N Easy) $3.49
good for quick and easy breakfast! Microwave it for like 2 minutes and your good
it's made out of Egg Whites, Peppers, and a little bit of cheese.
I add some Cholula Garlic Hot Sauce to that bad boy and its sooo yummy and filling
its pretty big.

Nutrition Facts:
1 Container
170 Calories
4 grams Fat
10 mg Cholesterol
8 grams Carbs
23 grams protein

And my 3rd AMAZING FIND. (I found a few weeks ago)
If you can't ween yourself off carbohydrate loaded drinks like
Juice, Soda, Sweet Tea, Energy Drinks Etc.
WELL try MiO Water Enhancer
I work for In N Out and work really late hours and use MiO like crazy!
I think i have like 5 flavors in my locker.

MiO: any grocery normal grocery store Wal*Mart has them the cheapest and have the walmart brand versions $2.50-3.49)
I've tried. . .
Black Cherry (Energy)
Green Thunder (Energy)
Sweet Tea (Regular)
Blue Berry Lemonade (Regular)
Strawberry Watermelon (Regular)

These bad boys have ZERO EVERYTHING in them.
Squeeze some into your drink and GO.
I dont drink soda or anything like that but
I DID LOVE REDBULLS!
id have three total zero redbulls a day if i could
these little egg shaped MiOS got me off of the REDBULL FAST!
they were just as good and they are easy to take with you!

Hope these little finds help you out.
and hopefully you guys share your finds also!!!

XOXO.
britt

Replies

• jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We have a Fresh and Easy grocery store here, I've never been inside though. I'm gonna have to go and find that ice cream! I drink a ton of water but still haven't tried the Mio water things, I guess I'll have to add that too. :)
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    oh ya go in Fresh N Easy they have a ton of great meals that are put together for you! Look for dinner and lunch stuff in the "EAT WELL" section its great!
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    Here are a few of my finds!

1. Trader Joe's White Cheddar Corn Puffs
    Calories: 140
    Serving: 2.5 cups
    Protein: 3g
    Fiber: 2g
    AMAZING SNACK, AND SATISFYING! Not the best on fat, BUT great every now and then if you get the munchies

2. Nonfat Vanilla Village Yogurt
    Calories: 180
    Serving: 1 cup
    Protein: 9g
    This has become my dessert, I add a few black berries and blueberries in, and voila!

DID YOU KNOW?: If you don't have protein with every meal, you will become hungary again quicker. By having this at 7pm every night, I get my sweet fix for dessert (dont feel finished without it), and I finish full for the whole night because of the protein!

Another good thing I have as a meal sometimes are omelettes! I actually have them a lot because they are full of nutrients, fiber, and protein!

I take:
    2 large grade A eggs
    1/4 tomato chopped
    8 baby spinach leaves
    1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheese
    and occasionally
    1/4 avocado

put it in the frying pan
    and add so tapatio hot sauce (0 calories!)

so good, and SO filing
    its a whole meal!
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    love that popcorn i actually almost bought some today but i bought the trader joes veggie chips im gonna have to learn how to make an omelette I SUCK! lol. alot of people get grossed out because i microwave my egg whites and its like an egg souffle i love it though! next task MASTER THE OMELETTE!
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally wish I could have eggs, I used to eat them all the time until I gained an egg allergy! My body can't handle the gases in them anymore, when they are fried, scrambled,etc. but as far as if they are an ingredient in something like batters for frying and baking, I'm okay. One day I suppose all those things will go too. lol
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    Really? im allergic to alot of things too. . . at least you can eat things with egg in it! that would be horrible if you couldnt!
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I adore Lentils. They're $1 a pound, choc full of fiber and protein so they're very filling, and you can cook them with a little broth or whatever veggies you want and they're yummy. I do have to add some sort of fat to them for them to come out right, usually I cook them with chicken, chicken broth or a tsp of olive oil. They're also great in the slow cooker.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My must haves:

1) Chobani yogurt (specifically pineapple)
    2) Bananas (just bought 5lb for $1.50)
    3) Whole Wheat oats (large tub then I divide it into 21 small baggies for breakfast, add whatever you want, I do 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp slivered almonds)
    4) Broccoli (frozen)
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    GREAT IDEAS!!! :)))
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lots of Broccoli! I love it and it goes with many dinner ideas. Breakfast is usually oatmeal (make my own instant packs with quick oats, brown sugar, and raisins) and for lunch at work I eat alot of the Weight Watchers Smartones, they have good seasoning, I eat them slowly and they keep me full till dinner time (about 6 hours).

My other fav is orville tender white popcorn. The whole bag is only 140cals
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Must Haves:
    Edamame (frozen)
    Almond Milk
    Hummus (any flavor)
    Apples
    Cream of Wheat
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Something I have found lately is extra light ricotta, mix it with eggs, cheese and veggies. So high in protein.. omg! :love:
  • meginki
    meginki Posts: 70
    Options
    -Almond milk
    -Almonds
    -Garlic puree (adds a tonne of flavour when cooking rice or noodles, and is AMAZING at fighting impurities and keeping you well!)
    -Chilli paste (the same as before, helps keep you well and can boost your metabolism!)
    -Brown rice
    -Green, white, black, every type of tea ever.
    -Greek yoghurt
    -Eggs, eggs, eggs. I am not a big meat-eater, so this is a great way for me to get enough protein
    -Cucumber: SURPRISINGLY versatile and can just make a meal seem more filling.
    -Mozarella
    -Low-fat (ish!) pesto
  • towardthesunshine
    Options
    1) Chicken, thin sliced breast cutlets. I wrap them individually in cling wrap and freeze them, then take them out one at a time as needed! A little more expensive ($8-9 for 8 cutlets) but so worth it, saves a lot of time!
    2) Tub of plain, nonfat greek yogurt.
    3) Light 35 calorie sliced bread
    4) Canned tuna
    5) Honey!
    6) Cereal & Almond Milk
    7) Bananas

There are so many more... I just won't bore you ;)