Looking for recovery board ideas

Options
charbear32
charbear32 Posts: 22 Member
I'm new to curves and thought maybe some of you might share some ideas you've seen or do that keeps your heart rate up on the boards. I usually jog but I'm just looking to change it up.

I've seen: jumping jacks, a mini squat to touch the pad with your hands then standing up with your arms high in air, imaginary jump rope and a side lunge (one foot on the mat the other off) with a mini jump to switch feet.......

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Anything that gets your arms moving will raise your Heart Rate. Dancing or doing arm circles whils you are Jogging would be fun -- IF you are co-ordinated enough!
  • charbear32
    Options
    Lol well it's worth a try, worst thing i can do is fall off the board!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I have come VERY Close to doing that, too!!

Did you ask the Trainers about ideas for the Recovery Boards? They should be able to download some printouts of diffrent Actions you can do on the Boards. I think I might have some here. I will try to find them.
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jogging whilst doing arm circles.
    Jogging with arms waving one another behind you.
    Jogging with bicep curl.
    Jogging with arms up, front and out (as if you were cheeleading)

Good luck!
  • charbear32
    Options
    Well today I tried jogging while doing arm circles, jump rope and diagonal jumps, I came pretty darn close to falling off the board once or twice but managed not to lol. Overall it was a great workout! I watched a trainer/coach last night and got alot more ideas too. I love the versatility you can throw into the boards.
  • leithy89
    leithy89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I used to jog on the spot but now I jump- jump in circles, on the spoit, move my hips a bit more now I'm more comfortable- jumping is great for me as I play lots of team sports (netball and basketball)
    At our curves we have cardio wednesdays where they do full on cardio moves- it looks intense, they do jumping jacks and sprints and leg kicks.
    :) hope this helps!