Wedding April 27th, workout ideas?

Options
Anyone have good ideas for work out routines to really push myself to the next level? I feel like I have lost weight, but now am stuck doing the same thing at the gym all the time and not seeing results like I was. I especially want to tone up my arms more because I have a lace cap sleeve dress. Good luck to everyone with their workouts!

Replies

• oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the upcoming wedding!

I'm about to start a lifting program. I don't have much info but the ones I'm looking into are SL 5X5 and the NROLFW..

I'm hoping lifting will help me to look my best while honeymooning on the beach :-)
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use dvd's for my strength training but since you have a gym membership. I recommend looking at some magazines like Oxygen or Women's health. They normally have some great workout routines that will target different zones. I've done it in the past with a series from Oxygen and it worked great.
  • thebrazenhead
    thebrazenhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like (well actually hate but it works) rowing if your gym has rowing machines. Its good cardio and great for your back/shoulder muscles.
    If you're doing weights try pushing yourself to do less reps with heavier weight. I follow the P90X workout so something like this might work for you at the gym:

Balance Curls
    Alternating Arnold Press
    Overhead Tricep Pull
    Six Direction Shoulder Fly
    Crazy Eight
    Y – T Press
    Rocket Launcher Tricep Kickback
    -repeat 3 more times-

Renegade Row
    Plyo Push-Ups
    Plank on Medicine Ball
    Superman
    –repeat sequence 3 more times–

Pull-Ups
    Medicine Ball Pike
    Step-Up Hammer Press
    –repeat sequence 3 more times–
  • minkyrunner
    minkyrunner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of taking a new class or trying a new workout dvd to switch things up. Yoga is awesome for toning up arms, as well as de-stressing as you gear up for your big day!

I also stumbled across a website called Skinny Ms. via pinterest. She has some great, targeted week-long challenges. I've tried both her arms and butt challenge and saw a difference in both. Good luck!
  • JacquelineEllen
    JacquelineEllen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

I will definitely use a combination of all these suggestions.I do participate in Hot Yoga,
    once a week and it is a killer workout, I feel so great afterwords, and strong! I really
    suggest it to anyone. Not only do i feel great afterwards but my stress is gone.

Thanks again everyone! Good Luck to you all!
  • sara4159
    sara4159 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My wedding is April 27th too! I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and watching what I eat, about 1700-1800 everyday. It's working really slowly, but every week my shoulders and back look better. I'm also losing inches off my waist and hips. I just wish my thighs would get with the program and start losing more! My dress already fits pretty well, so I shouldn't need too many alterations.
  • JacquelineEllen
    JacquelineEllen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It has been a slow weight loss journey for me also, but that is fine with me because I feel like for once in my life i'm doing in the right way. My hips are the only part of my body not with the program also! haha. I have lost inches everywhere and there only half an inch! Good luck on your weight loss and hope your big day is amazing!