Introducing myself

Options
Hi all
I am a 40 yr old in Houston TX. Got lazy last year and put on 40lbs after a 70lbs wt loss. Decided to get back in shape again. Did my first run in 2 months this morning. Wanted to quit, but didn't!!! Long 30 mins. Looking for support and possible running partners.

Replies

• Dominique37
    Dominique37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm a two time colon cancer survivor, and I'm tired of being sick and tired, so I've decided to make a change. After reading Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" and watching two documentaries "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" & "Vegucated", I decided that I wanted to change what I put in my body and how I treat my body.
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, 19 yr old African-Aussie newbie here :happy: I'm officially starting my weight-loss journey today (and sticking to it this time). Just looking for other members who would't mind motivating each other along. I want to lose 64.5 kgs (142lbs) gradually over two years, and 'll be using the Turbo Jam dvd set I got in 2007 (following the program they have in the booklet, but at my own pace).

When I got it in 2007, I used it for about a month and saw good results mind you, but I lost the motivation to continue because the results weren't occurring fast enough (I was young and a little impatient ).

Now I'm 19 and I've realised that patience is a virtue, and if I continue to work-out and eat right, results will follow :D I'm also going to be quite busy with uni once it starts (my 2nd yr), but I'll try to keep up with mfp daily/weekly.

So if you're interested in joining me on the journey to weight-loss, add me as a friend (^^,).
  • lexivenus
    lexivenus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, Lexi here! I'm 25 years old and just recently moved into the Atlanta area to better my life. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, even battled with eating disorders. Three and a half years ago, I went on a decided to make a big change, I became a vegetarian, went to the gym five times a week, and stayed very dedicated. I lost fifty pounds, but I must admit, I became a bit extreme and started starving myself to lose my last twenty pounds or so. A little over a year ago and a half ago, I fell through some hard times and went into a deep depression, so the emotional eating and inevitable weight gain soon followed. I am here because I want to make a serious lifestyle change while I'm still young. I feel that this place has very useful tools to enable me to make this change and a community of supportive individuals whom I can share my journey with. I look very forward to taking this journey with you all!
  • sseymore1913
    Options
    Greetings. I am 43, divorced and overweight....BUT totally in love with life and myself....lol. Glad to find a group of like minded sisters. I am very excited about the support that I will receive as I begin my journey to better looking me.:love:
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm Kimberly from Vancouver Washington. I downloaded MFP months ago, but am just now getting into it. This is an amazing site, and I really think it is going to aid me in attaining my goals. Cheers to the new year, and much success to us all!:blushing: