Slingshot?

Options
WIChelle
WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
Did i understand correctly that after 3 weeks of cycling we must do a slingshot week for week 4? I'm trying to figure out what to expect for the week we are on our cruise.

Replies

• That's how I understand it. It's not optional, but something that must be done once a month to keep your body guessing and metabolism fast. :smile:
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That was how I took it also.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You can choose to do the slingshot every 4th week, or you can choose to wait to do it until you feel your body going on a plateau. For my first 6-8 weeks or so I did not do a slingshot, because I was still trying to figure out the diet and remembering what things I could have when. Since then I've done the slingshot roughly every 4-5 weeks.

For a cruise, my recommendation is that you just use a "normal week." That way you can eat a little bit of everything while you are on the ship. Keep your portion sizes in check (use the hand sizes as a guide) and walk as much as you can on the boat.. assuming you don't hit the onboard gym. You'll do great!

Remember that a slingshot week is all high carb... so that means no "healthy fat options" including things like cheese, nuts, avacado, etc. if you want to follow the plan to the limit. :smile: