Challenge--week of 01/07/13

Options
maggie027
maggie027 Posts: 33 Member
Well, I'm new so hope it's okay if I post a challenge. =) This week I'm challenging myself to a couple of goals for scrapbooking and exercising.

Exercise---> at least 30 minutes daily for 5 days out of 7, and also LOG my food everyday

Scrapbook---> scrap a double page spread of ME--which will include:
1. My current physical stats (probably on a slip of paper in a pocket for privacy!)
2. My goals for 2012 including what and why (remember goals are SMART--Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound)
3. My smaller mini-goals for the month of January.

Cardmaking--I also need to make 12 thank you cards by Friday!

So if you want to join me, you can use these goals as a challenge or post your own personalized challenge for this week here. We can support each other and get something done this week!!

In order to share, I thought we could use Flickr or make a Yahoo Group. I'm open to suggestions!!

Maggie

Replies

• redcrystal
    redcrystal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Flickr works for me to share :)

I am working on doing 20 mins a day 7 days a week walking. I have so far gotten out every day except one and that was because the temperature was 43 degrees (about 109), so much too hot for me to walk. I did do some indoor exercise that day :)

My goals are;
    Drink 8 cups of liquid a day,
    Exercise 20 mins a day

My scrappy/arty goal is to also do a page on my starting stats, I'll probably do an art journal page :)
  • maggie027
    Options
    That sounds great--terrific job on your walking! I need to get moving on my scrapping--zero completed and it's Tuesday night. :noway:
  • bigsis91
    Options
    I need to get out and walk more. I got into scrap-booking more. I bought a sticker maker on Monday and unfortunately messed up my cartridge which is $10 +tax to replace, so I'm using the remaining sticky paper and just lifting the adhesive up off of it instead of running it through the machine. I also got patterned paper and photo adhesive squares. I finished a scrapbook on my Native American Art/Literature trips. I think this scrapbook turned out better than some of the others I've done/more like started. I'll probably enjoy taking apart (or at least organizing) my old scrapbooks.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn't see this challenge until three days in... but here it goes:

I will continue to track my food and stay at my calorie goal instead of going over. I will also do some type of workout on Saturday (I have tendency to slack on Saturdays).

As for scrapbooking:

I will get at least 4 kits together (put kits together so I have them when I go to crops and retreats) and will scrap at least one page. I will also make 4 Christmas cards (didn't make any last year and totally regretted it!).

Thanks for posting this challenge! :smile:
  • maggie027
    Options
    Hi! How has your week gone?

I did create a Flickr group where we can share photos of what we are working on. You can go to www.flickr.com and sign up for a free account. Then the group is called MFP Scrap Artists and it is located at

http://www.flickr.com/groups/mfpscrapartists/

If you have any trouble finding it, just send me a message and I'll try to help. Can't wait to see what you're working on!

:smile:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I didn't quite make my goals for the week. I did work on Saturday morning (Yea me!) and I did get four Christmas cards made. But I didn't get kits made (although I did sort my latest picture order from snapfish) or a scrapbook page done.
  • redcrystal
    redcrystal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've joined the group :) I'll post my art journal page soon :D Exciting!

I managed just about every day to drink 8 glasses of liquid. I did exercise every day except 1. That day was a travel day, and I'd been on my feet the night before for about 4 hours making jam and also a chocolate cake LOL. (btw I didn't eat either whoot!)