Crossfit Total

Options

Replies

• Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Edit: Are you supposed to do all of these in the same day?

Yes, as if you were taking an exam at your school. :)

EDIT: Within an hour. It is not like I do the deadlift at 8am, then press at noon, then bench press at 6pm. That will stretch your CF total's score.

Yup and you only get three attempts at your max lift.

0_o.... No, you've got as many attempts as you can go for....but you should be trying to use your time efficiently and going one to the next (take a breather as need be, but just like a minute or two...).
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Edit: Are you supposed to do all of these in the same day?

Yes, as if you were taking an exam at your school. :)

EDIT: Within an hour. It is not like I do the deadlift at 8am, then press at noon, then bench press at 6pm. That will stretch your CF total's score.

Yup and you only get three attempts at your max lift.

0_o.... No, you've got as many attempts as you can go for....but you should be trying to use your time efficiently and going one to the next (take a breather as need be, but just like a minute or two...).

No, 3..

http://journal.crossfit.com/2006/12/the-crossfit-total-by-mark-rip.tpl

"
    The CrossFit Total is the sum of the best of three attempts at the squat, the press, and the deadlift. All three lifts are done while standing on the floor. They require minimal and inexpensive equipment. They are not technique- dependent to the extent of the Olympic lifts, yet they require technical proficiency beyond mere passing familiarity. They are safe when performed correctly, since they can all be performed without spotters—alone in a garage if necessary.

There is no time limit for each lift or for the length of the session in which they are all performed, but they must all be performed during one session—i.e., you cannot leave the area to rest or perform other activities between the three lifts.

Anyone in a position to attempt a legitimate CrossFit Total should be familiar enough with their capabilities on the lifts to have a fairly good idea of just what might be possible for a one-rep max (1RM). This number is what you warm up intending to do. A meet situation will involve three attempts, and this is a good way to determine a true 1RM.

The first attempt would be a weight you know you can do for a heavy set of three. The second attempt would be a weight you know without any doubt that you could do for a single, having just done the first attempt. And the third attempt is the weight you want to do, based on your performance on the previous two attempts."
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Mine was:

Squat 225
    Press 95
    Deadlift 265

total 585

Wow... my numbers are almost lower than a little kitty cats... bummer
  • gfbrummer
    gfbrummer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Last time I did it I thought it was pretty good. I last did it in Aug 2012.

Shoulder Press 165
    Deadlift 305
    Squat 225
    Total 695

But here is the deal. I could of got more weight on the squat. I think I could get 305 at least (the most weight I have) I was held back on the squat because I dont have a squat stand. So I had to put the weight on saw horses and clean it from there to front rack position. Then go from there to behind the head. I was pleasantly surprised that I could jerk the 225 pretty easy. I dont go to a box or anything due to cost, so I want to make me some squat stands.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Started Crossfit a month and a half ago. Hadn't really done any maxes yet. I weight lift 3 days a week and crossfit 3 days a week.
    Can't wait to try max lifts in crossfit. Crossfit has helped me in the weightlifting area, more flexible now and joint pains are gone now.

Gym lifts are:
    Age 46:
    Bench-375 lbs. 1RM 07/22/12
    Bench Burn out set- 225x28 reps 09/01/12
    Bench Burn out set- 275x15
    Bench 315x5
    Incline Bench-340 lbs. 1RM 07/18/12
    Incline Burn out set- 225x20 reps 07/22/12 end of routine
    Squat-425 lbs. 1RM 08/27/12
    Leg press- 1035 lbs for 10 reps
    Dead Lift- 450 lbs. 1RM
    OHP: 225 lbs. (Behind head)

Crossfit:
    Last WOD

15 foot Rope climb, 5 ascents
    145 pound Clean and jerk, 5 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 4 ascents
    165 pound Clean and jerk, 4 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents
    185 pound Clean and jerk, 3 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents
    205 pound Clean and jerk, 2 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascent
    225 pound Clean and jerk, 1 rep
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Started CF about 10 weeks ago, so these are my first attempts at PR:
    Press: 85
    Back Squat: 175
    Deadlift: 205

I know I can squat more, but the annoying chick across the way kept talking to me and I couldn't concentrate on proper form to get my best effort. With any luck, I'll be back to these numbers soon after I get cleared to exercise again after rotator cuff surgery. That's the only goal I have for the year.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing these on Monday for a challenge that we are starting this week and then they will be reassessed in 6 weeks. Is there a certain order you have to get your values in? or can you do them whichever way you want? ... any suggestions on an order or do you think it makes much of a difference? ... I haven't done a CF total before, just started CF in September.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just did mine:

Back squat - 135
    Press - 70
    Deadlift - 205

Total - 410
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing these on Monday for a challenge that we are starting this week and then they will be reassessed in 6 weeks. Is there a certain order you have to get your values in? or can you do them whichever way you want? ... any suggestions on an order or do you think it makes much of a difference? ... I haven't done a CF total before, just started CF in September.

I've been told in any order you want, but I prefer Shoulder Press, Back Squat, then Deadlift. Mainly because the transition is easier (least weight to most weight) and after the last back squat you can just dump it to the ground instead of reracking it. Congrats on your 400+ mark, that's good especially since you just started. :smile:
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Did it June 18

Back Squat - 130
    Press - 65
    Dead Lift - 175

Total - 370

Press is so hard for me and my weak shoulders, but I think I can get close to 200 in the dead lift. That's my goal at least.

I'm in the same boat as far as upper body strength. I tore my rotator cuff May 2011 and have reinjured it twice since then. I just can't seem to get that number up again.

Back Squat - 195
    Press - 70
    Deadlift - 240

Total - 505
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO! Just added 35# to my CFT in 6 weeks, thank you Starting Strength with a dash of CF.

Back Squat - 180#
    OHP - 75#
    Deadlift - 210#
    Total - 465#

Hoping for 480#+ when I try again in 6 weeks.

Now to go roll out the gigantic knot in my hammy!

PS a true CFT is only 3 attempts for each lift, I use 95% of former 1RM, 105% and ~110% depending on how 105% felt.
  • jenhowse1
    Options
    i did this at the end of December
    PB'd all the lifts too which I was happy with

Press - 32.5kg (72#)
    BAck squat - 70kg(154#)
    Deadlift - 105kg (231#)

Total - 207.5kg (457)#
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i did this at the end of December
    PB'd all the lifts too which I was happy with

Press - 32.5kg (72#)
    BAck squat - 70kg(154#)
    Deadlift - 105kg (231#)

Total - 207.5kg (457)#

Awesome!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Squat-445 lbs.
    Dead Lift- 465 lbs.
    Strict vertical press - 225 lbs.

1135 total in Feb.
  • bigjat33
    bigjat33 Posts: 6
    Options
    Did my first CF Total back in December:

Squat = 405lbs
    Dead Lift = 585lbs
    Press = 245lbs

1235 total
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's benchmark week at my box, so here's my stats:
    Squat: 145 lbs
    Press: 65 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Total: 390

Really thought I could break 200 on deadlifts. I was wrong. New goal!
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Back squat - 175 lbs
    Press - 95 lbs
    Deadlift - 193 lbs

Total - 463

These were in February.

I had ACL surgery last week - so I have a long road ahead. I'm interested yet slightly depressed to see how far back this will bump me down :(
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    Press - 88
    Squat - 209
    Dead Lift - 308

Total: 605

The press makes me sad...I will clear 100 within the next 3 months <shakes fist at computer screen> :happy:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I see from my previous posts that in May 2012 my total was 210, and July 2012 is was 265. As of last week, its 305!

Press - 70
    Squat - 105 (my first triple digit squat, woo!)
    Deadlift - 130 (unfortunately I had to leave early to get the kids to school, or I think I could have gone higher)

one year ago it was:
    press - 50
    squat - 65 (40# improvement!)
    deadlift - 95
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been doing CrossFit for a year, and I finally get to log my Total.

Shoulder Press (strict) - 85#
    Back Squat - 205#
    Deadlift - 255#
    TOTAL 545#