Any Fitbit users?

Options
I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit One. I was wondering if anyone in this group had one? I would love to hear what you think about it and how it integrates to MFP.

Andrea

Replies

• inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I currently use the Bodymedia Fit Armband with link to my mobile devices! I love it!
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have also been considering the Bodymedia armband. I'm just not sure if I would like wearing it on my arm all the time.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I could not use fitbit properly so I deleted the app. I have just started using runtastic and runtastic pedometer for measuring steps for last couple of days. Not sure how effective they will be but atleast they got me moving when I wanted to increase my steps:smile:
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Have a Fitbit and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I have the ultra. The only thing I don't like is it has to be charged up every couple of days and DOES NOT sync with phone but only omputer. The new Zip is only $60 and has lifetime battery and SYNCS WITH IPHONE. It came out right after I bought my $100 ultra! GRRRRRR!!!!!

If it were me.... I'd look into the FITBIT ZIP. :-)
  • HippieMamaOf2
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to review the devices again and make my purchase this week.
  • EKorun
    EKorun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One (newest version) and I LOVE it! It syncs with my iPad, but also has a little USB piece that allows it to sync with my laptop.

I am a former armband user (BodyBugg) and really wanted something less obvious. The tan lines, arm chafing, and random people asking what it was were not my favorite parts of the armband. The Fitbit clips pretty much anywhere I want... I keep it on my bra.

I love that I can do all of my food tracking in MFP and the Fitbit dashboard updates automatically. The food database with the BodyBugg was really limited. I also like the sleep tracking with the Fitbit.

I can keep it off of a charger for about 5 or so days, but it only needs 2 hours max to fully charge.

I've done A LOT of research on trackers and the Fitbit One gets my vote!
  • HippieMamaOf2
    Options
    Ekorun ~ Thanks for mentioning how long the Fitbit One stays charged. I had wondered about that. The fact that it is less obvious than the armband is a really big plus in my mind.
  • trina33
    trina33 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit One for Christmas and I LOVE it! I clip it on my pocket, usually, but it can go in a pocket or clip on anywhere. It syncs with my phone and iPad and keeps track of all my calories earned through walking, which is what I usually do for exercise. It keeps track of flights of stairs climbed, too, and I like to challenge myself to do more each day. It lasts for about five days on a charge, and charges quickly.
  • HippieMamaOf2
    Options
    My hubby ordered me one today! He said he was tired of waiting on me to make the decision, lol. Can't wait to get it.
  • trina33
    trina33 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You're going to be happy with it!
  • Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just ordered another Body Media armband thu ($119) and cant wait to get it
    I used about 2 years ago and it was fantastic.
    I work in retail and deal with hundreds of people everyday and yes the main question is
    "what it this in your arm" my best answer and the one that would puzzle people is:
    " Its a GPS my husband gave me for Xmas"
    I always had a kick out of the peoples face:laugh:

I saw the fitbit and thought about it but couldn't find any real comparison between both so I got the one I know already
    plus the price with one year free subscription can;t beat for me
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've had the fitbit since last April and love it. I track mainly steps right now but am going to start tracking miles also.
    Never did hook it up to sync with MFP.
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have one. It's ok, kind of an overpriced pedometer. It is cool in that you can see how many calories you burn in your sleep but other than that I wish I hadn't spent the money. Maybe there are features I don't know about but this site is way better and easier to navigate. Hope this helps!
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My BodyMedia armband w/ link now syncs with MFP! It also syncs with my phone and I only need to charge it every 4 or 5 days which I plug into my computer for several hours! There are days when I fogey I'm wearing it except when I take it off to shower! I feel it accurately records my activity! I miss it because it stopped working and no matter what I tried with tech support it didn't fix it. It was still under warranty and they are sending me a replacement! I do pay 6.99 a month subscription but I feel I am worth the 6.99. Wearing it keeps me motivated to keep moving!
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Todays my first day, I have the fitbit one. Still no idea what I'm doing but I'm giving it my best shot.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is my second fitbit. I lost the first one after 8 months, and have the Ultra now for a year.

I have recently started competing against my previous day's total for flights of stairs climbed, steps, miles, and calories.

I find myself standing in front of the TV watching the news before bed and marching just to increase my numbers! I love that it motivates me to compete against myself and also anyone on the fitbit site.

I hope you enjoy it!
  • azmiz
    azmiz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Announced this week at the 2013 Consumer Electronic Show that they are coming out with a wristband in March/April 2013. Seems like it would be a fun motivational tool to me!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had the ultra for a year and loved it. My battery lasts about 7-8 days before I have to recharge it and I never take it off. I wear it on my bra and that works for day and night.
    I just upgraded to the ONE so that I can sync with my iphone and I love it even more.
    I also got an aria scale and it updates my weight on MFP automatically.
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I intially had an Ultra fitbit, then upgraded to the One. I love it so much. It is the perfect motivational tool. It syncs with MFP effortlessly. The Ultra battery did poop out quickly but the One stays charged for a week at the minimum. It's even better if you have Iphone or Ipad as it keeps you on top of what you can eat on the go.
  • ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all this info, it is very helpful. After hearing and considering all this I have ordered fitbit one
    As I do not like anything around my arm or wrist as I am often dressed up for events. I also like the idea of tracking my sleep cycles.
    I will buy my husband the wrist one when it is released this spring.