Free Fruits/Veggies Question

Options
Hi all :)

When should you start counting points for fruits and veggies?

I like to use them for snacks, but I know too many can cause you not to lose.

Replies

• jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    the weight watchers material says eat to satisfaction (and dont eat it just because its 0 points). I would say if its less than 6 to 8 servings dont bother counting points. Anything more than that count it. Also keep an eye on the scale. If you are eating 10 servings of f/v and not losing weight, maybe start counting points for some of the f/v.

I usually just get 6 or 7 servings of f/v a day and i don't count points for it. I will give a point to bananas if i have more than 2 a day.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I stick to 6-8 servings and don't count points for them. I also try to keep fruit to a maximum of 3 servings a day. I agree with the previous poster, if I was eating more I would probably count a point.
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Remember not all veggies are 0 points; starchy ones like potatoes, corn, peas do have a point value.

WW Healthy Guidelines says to eat 5 servings of fruit and/or veggies a day.

Don't overdue it with fruit just because it is 0 pts. It's only 0 pts. because WW says that you can count it as 0. If you took the nutritional label and your calculator - it would give you a point value. As the previous poster said - eat to satisfaction not until stuffed.

If you're finding yourself always hungry, relook at what you are eating - some things will keep you fuller longer than other things.