My Intro!

Options
xomorganjc
xomorganjc Posts: 106 Member
Hey! I'm Morgan. I'm 18 years old and I'm a freshman at CU in Kentucky where I am a Public Relations major. I've been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. Of course, I never really paid much attention to it in elementary school, but ever since middle school I've been very self-conscious about myself and my weight and have never felt like I fit it.

I joined MFP last year and stuck with it for a while and then with no support, quickly gave up feeling like no changes were being made. I dropped 2 pant sizes and I remember feeling amazing about that. I'm proud to say that I have kept the weight off, but I would really like to lose a lot more!

My weaknesses: I am really bad about sleeping late, so I'm always in a rush and have to grab quick foods which aren't always the healthiest. I'm also extremely picky with what I eat, so there aren't many things that I can actually eat without wanting to die because it's so disgusting.. so feel free to suggest things for me to try that are low in calories!

My secret: This probably isn't the secret that you're looking for, but I'm 18 years old and I've never had an actual boyfriend. Ever since I graduated high school, I have had some guys that compliment me and there are a few creepy people who actually pay attention to me, but anyways... I spend a lot of my time feeling very very sad about myself and the way I look. I had a breakdown last Saturday and finally decided enough is enough. I'm joining MFP again and I'm STICKING WITH IT! I want to look better. I want to feel better... and I want to be seen for who I really am, not for what my body looks like.

My goals -
Starting weight: 210
Current weight: 187
Goal weight: 130-135
Ultimate goal weight: 120-125

So excited about this group and hopefully we all get to know each other very well and can develop an awesome support system! This is our journey... a journey to my first bikini, a journey to finally looking good in shorts, a journey to getting the body I've always wanted!

xoxo,
Morgan :)

Replies

• meginki
    meginki Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi, Morgan!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and the feelings it's brought you! I can totally feel what you feel about your "secret". It's a shame that being overweight seems to instantly define us as a person, but we're so much more than that. :)
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    You are an inspiration already for your previous weight loss, and you can do it again! And we'll help :)

I totally know where you're coming from with the sleep. I LOVE sleep. I think the longest I've slept without being sick is 15 hours. All you gotta do is set an alarm that make you get up, and if you don't wanna work out in the morning, work out at night! My alarm says "I wish I'd slept in instead of working out and getting thin" said no one ever....

Just try and find motivation to get up.

This book I'm ready says drink a glad if water when your alarm goes off to rehydrate, and wake up. Just set it next to your bed.

I believe in you Morgan :)
  • xomorganjc
    xomorganjc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! That means so much! I just finished a 3 mile walk/jog and I feel amazing. I'm so happy.
  • healthybails
    Options
    So for our intro should we start a new discussion board or just add on here?
  • GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    Hey,

In graduate school, I pulled sooo many all-nighters it was practically insane. And of course of eating habits went haywire and got zero exercise. Occassionally, I'd do yoga but not consistently so I can totally empathize. In the meantime, focus on improving you and the right guy will come around sooner or later, I'm sure!

All the best,

Chrissy