My intro!

Options
Hello, ladies! :)

I'm Megin, a 20 year old first year at university in the UK. I have really, never, ever been skinny. I was always the "chubby girl", moving on later to become 272 pounds. I started losing weight around 18 months ago and, despite not starting off properly and having a couple of slip-ups since, am currently at 181.

I've always struggled with self-confidence, body image and so on, but what people don't realise is that sometimes, even when you have lost a significant amount of weight these issues don't go away. I'm not saying they'll stick around for everyone, but for me they creep up sometimes. Anyway, I'm looking to support, and also get support whilst I lose my last 40 pounds and just get round to accepting myself generally and adopting a healthier lifestyle. The idea for this group is fabulous and I look forward to getting to know you all a little more and to swap tips, ideas, whatever! :)

-My weaknesses: Chocolate (when something is opened, something in my mind tells me it must be finished) and eating with friends (I'm the type who sees consent in eating something if others are, sometimes).
-My secrets: Substituting nearly all foods for a healthier version; I am the Queen of substitution! It makes some people sick that I am always comparing labels on new products I see, going to the gym, cooking for others... watching others eat what I have mae them gives me a weird sense of pleasure. I am often called a mum!
-Goals: To reach 150 (ideally 140 but I want to re-evaluate at 150), and to feel positive about myself most days, instead of the other way around.

Oh, and if any of you have tumblr, feel free to add me: cookykitty.tumblr.com

Replies

• Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    It great you've gotten almost 100 lbs off!! That's amazing!

How tall are you??

And I know the open eating situation, it's terrible, especially with friends going out and having parties.

I'm kind of a mom too! That's why I started this :) no only does it inspire me an motivate me, but I want to be here for anyone who needs my help. Anyone who needs to talk.

Welcome to the group! Look forward to more conversations!
    You should right an entry on here about your whole story! As a motivating tool for the rest of us :)
  • healthybails
    Options
    Losing 100 lbs is quite incredible u are already an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work and I'm here for support :)
  • meginki
    meginki Posts: 70
    Options
    I'll look into writing something up in the next couple of days! Actually, things like this are really helping me to kick-start my motivation after putting half a stone back on in the last 3 months last year :)

And I'm around 5"6! Ish! I never quite know but around there :)
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    Hello. Nice to meet you. Well done on your loss so far.

I can definately relate to the having to eat things that are open. I am very compulsive and have been known to get my other half to 'hide' things so I can't eat them. Also with feeling like your head needs to catch up with my body. I still feel much heavier than I am.

x