Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Snack Ideas Anyone?

suzy1220
suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
I need some good go to snacks that are healthy and especially filling! I'm already sick of yogart and 12 nuts aren't going to cut it for me. I need some good ideas in the 200 or less calorie range. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 540 Member
    i like a banana with the canned redi whip drizzle a little sugar free chocolate syrup and there ya have a pretty good snack for approx 10 cals :wink: i also eat the skinny cow ice cream cones for 150 cals, strawberries and vanilla yogurt...just some ideas
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Hummus and green peppers...yum
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing!
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    I like a Gala apple with peanut butter.
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    I like a Gala apple with peanut butter.

I.Love.This:love: ^^^

Some other suggestions:

carrot sticks and hummus
    yogurt and granola (only a TBSP of granola)
    pudding
    fiber one or clif bars
    Light English muffin pizza
    Slow Churn (light) ice cream with fruit on top
    Smoothies

Just to name a few :smile:
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    For your snacks, make sure to include protein, that is what will keep you fuller longer.

Try celery with peanut butter, a protein shake (Syntha 6 in chocolate is great and 200 calories, or just use a 1/2 scoop to make is 100 calories), or 1/2 a protein bar.

This may sound silly, but I always avoided the good protein bars because they are close to 400 calories. I buy them and cut them in half and will just eat a half. It satistifies my sweet tooth and am getting good protein. I really like the muscle tech meso tech chocolate peanut butter bar.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    I really like the Kashi Berry Crumble cereal .. sometimes I will eat it with my yogurt or sometimes just snack on it plain. The full serving has as much protien as an egg. I typically don't like Kashi .. but the berry crumble is good.
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 137 Member
    My sister just sent me a link this morning with 55 snacks under 200 calories. I'm sure if you do a search the list will come up. Some of it is the typical, yogurt and almonds, but some are intersting. Here is a sample:

Sweet
    2 whole grain waffles with 1 tbs apple butter, sprinkle with cinnamon (~170 calories)
    1 square 70% dark chocolate and 1 oz dried cherries (~155)
    1 light English muffin with 1 tbs fat free cream cheese and 1 tbs fruit spread

Savory
    1 cup jicama spears dipped in 1/4 cup guacamole (~150)
    1/2 cup shelled edamame with salt (~100)
    2 hard boiled eggs (~150)

I also like reduced fat cheez-its with peanut butter. I make them into tiny peanut butter sandwiches, they are crunchy and filling, but a little higher on calories.
  • neudeb12
    neudeb12 Posts: 76 Member
    I usually have either a cheese stick and a piece of fruit or some nuts and a piece of fruit for the 3pm energy crash
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    All good ideas, I can't wait to start trying them. I also found some turkey hot dogs that are 45 calories (Ball Park) and with lite bread, also 45 calories I can have a 'hot dog in a bun' with mustard. And I found cottage cheese with pineapple for 110 calories which is good too.

And Lean Cuisine has those egg rolls that are delicious. It's just hard b/c this is a lifestyle change so it seems like I'm stuck eating this stuff forever!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    I like "ants on a log." Celery with peanut butter and raisins or dark chocolate chips. I also like hard boiled eggs.. good protein and they taste good
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    I love eating raw red peppers.... they are sweet and crunchy... and you can eat a whole pepper for very few calories. Also raw broccoli with fat free ranch dressing is good. Another favorite of mine is peanut butter on a toasted english muffin.
  • I love the Nature Valley- Fruit and Nut granola bars. 140 cal
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    100 calorie popcorn packs...a bowl full for 100 calories! Great because it takes awhile to eat.
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    two of my favorite:
    1. hardboiled egg (with no yolk) filled with 2 tablespoon of hummus
    2. 1/2 cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons of salsa
  • Frozen grapes or a all fruit smoothie................all fruit blended with ice. If it's too thick I add fresh squeezed lemon and a splenda packet to calm down the sour of the lemon.
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    A piece of whole grain bread w/ a TBSP of natural peanut butter (I use Addams) and about a half apple sliced really thin is just over 200 calories, supper filling, and delicious.

I'm also a big fan of fruit and peanut butter or fruit and cheese.