Why Not? My Intro!

Options
I'm 29 years old. In the last year I have bought my first home and got married. I am in a "grown up" job as a Social Worker and my husband and I are trying to have our first baby. Last year was a huge year for milestones and I hope that this year is just as huge... with the exception that I would like to be about a hundred pounds less by the end of it ;)

I have always been overweight. I lost 40lbs four years ago and was at my lowest adult weight at 227lb. I am almost 5'9" and I'd like to think that I carry my weight well, but I just weighed myself a few weeks ago and found that not only had I gained all that I had lost back- but also added on about 40lbs. MY weight started with a 3 and I always told myself that would never happen. Something has got to give!

Like I mentioned, we're trying to have our first baby, and losing weight would help with that- and also in the end it will make me a better mom. I never want to be the mom who doesn't involve themselves in their children's lives because she's too tired or out of shape. I want to be able to play with my kids and go to amusement parks and ride the rides with them- not just take pictures on the sidelines. I also don't want to be an embarrassment to my kids either. So much riding on me losing weight- and we don't even have kids yet!

On top of everything else, I am so sick of having to dress "nice for a big girl". I want to be able to shop where everyone else shops and not have to limit my fashion sense to what will fit me.

I have about a billion reasons why I want to lose the weight. I am nine days in and down 7lbs, so hopefully I can keep it up and make the lifestyle changes that I need to!

Who's with me?!

Replies

• Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    Girlfriend, you've got this! You have so much motivation, and we will be here to support you!

Because you feel you weigh so much (starts with a 3) I'd say set some goals so we can reward you as well as you rewarding yourself!

Starting weight:
    current weight:
    goal weight:
    ultimate goal weight:

And from there, you can give yourself treats at milestones!
    I told myself I cant buy shoes again until I lose 20 lbs, and im a huge shop-aholic

maybe at 20 lbs, you can buy yourself something silky for yourself ;)

We're here for you to hear you talk about the good and the bad! the ups and the downs!

AND LET US KNOW ABOUT THE PREGNANCY PROGRESS!
    if you do get pregnant, dont let that tell you to stop, let that tell you to compromise!
    there are a couple other mothers on here who I hope will talk about there journey as well who you can talk to!

Cant wait to hear more!
    KEEP IT GOING!

:)
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My weight is that high too! And I feel ashamed of myself and all of the limitations. I wish I could shop anywhere I wanted, and people could by my clothes when they see something cute and it was actually fit. lol. I had to lose 45lbs to get pregnant with my daughter, and it took me and my husband a whole year of trying before I realized my weight was the problem. Definitely keep me posted, and message me if you have questions or need support. :)

My main motivation is my daughter. I want her to grow up and want to be like me! A skinnier healthy me! And I want to go to amusement parks and ride on the rides too. Last time I went, which was a few years ago, I could hardly get on any rides! I remember crying forever over it! I want to run around chasing her, and look good in all the pictures with her. I have hardly any I look good in.. :( Back fat and huge thighs arm fat, ugh! You can barely even notice her because I'm so huge!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm totally with you, and I know you can do it and that you'll be a great mom.
    When preparing for the baby, my sister in law ate a lot of soy products, they have estrogen or one of thos femenine hormones. Plus it is really healthy and you can do a lot of things with soy.
    =)
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) I know what you mean about the shopping thing.. it's so depressing to walk into a store and know without even trying that not one single thing will fit me. Even over one of my boobs. :( I think that I'll really feel successful when I can walk into forever21/h&m/whatever and be able to wear everything they have!
  • heathermstrom
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! I will definitely keep everyone posted on my baby making progress ;)

My main mini goal was to weigh in under 300... and actually I weighed in at 298 this morning, so yay!

My next mini goal is to weigh in at 275lb. Once I've reached that I think my reward will be fitting into jeans that are too tight for me to wear now.. opening up my closet options is reward enough (I have a LOT of clothes).

My husband and I were toying with the idea of taking a vacation with his siblings in May... I would love to be under 260lb. by then (that's less than where I started the last time I lost weight- obviously before I gained all of it and more back).

Here's hoping I can do it! :)
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    You can do that!
    Piece of healthy cake!

KEEP IT GOING!

and congrats on the weight loss!

:)
  • blacklabelbabe
    blacklabelbabe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You have a very positive attitude and are setting very realistic goals!
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya at 273, except i'm only 5'5. Its tough but it seems your already off to a great start of losing 7 lbs! I have similar motivations as all of you guys. My daughter is two and I dont wanna be the mom who cant take her to the water park or go on amusement rides cuz i'm too big. My heart would break if i ever heard the "Mama why are you so fat?" words. Kids speak the truth! Even just toning up my arms so they dont look fat and bulging in tighter short sleeve shirts will make me happy!

Here it goes ladies, lets do it!!