Day 10

Options
Day 10

You are running through the woods. Just an hour ago you were acting lookout for the camp. The group had settled down in a wood by a river. Everyone was exhausted from the slow but treacherous march from the city. Slinking off to their tents, the others left the fireside, leaving you as tonight’s lookout. So there you sat for forty minutes, grateful that the only sound you hear are bats flying low.

Suddenly, you heard a scream and a rustling of leaves. You jumped up and headed toward the direction of the sound. You approached a dark figure, slumping over what appeared to be the body of one of your group members. It was a girl named Sarah who had apparently headed off the campsite to use nature’s “restroom”. Hovering over her was a zombie. Blood trickled down his chin.

With your axe in your left hand, you swung as hard as you could and hit the zombie in the skull, shattering it. You sounded the alarm and told everyone what you had seen. Sarah’s sister was hysterical. No one had expected to see a zombie in this area; it was too remote. Afraid to take any more chances, you all packed your bags as quickly as possible.

As you run through the woods, you find yourself thinking about Sarah. It could have been you. You would have, just as easily, let your guard down when nature called. With this realization, you run harder. You know you must survive. You won’t let what happened to Sarah happen to you.

Good job on last week everyone! Today we have some upper body workouts (swinging an axe and crushing skulls is hard work!) and of course, running! Don’t forget we are doing 15 miles. That may seem like much, but it is only 3 miles per 5 day week. If you want to change it to 2.5 miles, you can do 6 days this week. Just don’t forget to give yourself at least one day off to rest.
Also, don’t forget that walking is ok, too. Running (or some other form of cardio) is better for you in some respects, but walking is still good exercise.

Replies

• lapocienta
    lapocienta Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Done with the dumbbells, I mean, axe swinging and now I'm off to my W1D2 of C25K to add some miles for this week challenge.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i covered 6.6 miles today.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've done 6 miles so far. And used my jillian michaels 30ds with 5lb dumbbells to bash some zombie heads in. (moved up to level 2 of 30ds)
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in 5.5 miles so far. Didn't find out about the axe swinging until late, so I will catch up with that tomorrow.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm sore from the axe-swinging! (Using weights in a "Yoga Sculpt" class last night.) I guess I'll be in shape in case I have to do any more axe-swinging in the future.

By the way, I would NOT be good at standing guard in the middle of the night - I fall asleep way too easily. Next time I'm in charge of standing guard in the middle of the night I will march in place to stay awake (perhaps some Wii Fit).

Today will be a slow day for me. I have to work until about 9 p.m.. I'll catch up with you all on our adventure tomorrow! Be sure to leave a trail of some sort. : )
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Amy we can leave a trail of bread crumbs since zombies won't eat them. lol
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    Totals this week:

Walking- 9+ miles
    Jogging- 11.5 miles
    30ds with weights- 3x 30 mins each
    Strength training- 2x 45 mins each
    Machines at the Y- 8 miles total, 2 hours worth
    R.I.P.P.E.D. class w/ weights, 1 hour
  • NatashaShen
    Options
    Totals this week:

Walking- 9+ miles
    Jogging- 11.5 miles

Wow thats wonderful!

I've only done a little over 14 miles of walking/jogging since Tuesday. But I'm proud, thats a lot for me. I've also done some upper body, surprisingly my arms don't hurt as much as they use to after a good workout. This group has forced me to push myself a lot.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    Options
    Totals this week:

Walking- 9+ miles
    Jogging- 11.5 miles

Wow thats wonderful!

I've only done a little over 14 miles of walking/jogging since Tuesday. But I'm proud, thats a lot for me. I've also done some upper body, surprisingly my arms don't hurt as much as they use to after a good workout. This group has forced me to push myself a lot.

Awesome job, both of you! You are good zombie adventure teammates. ☺

I'm not in a treadmill mood, so I'm debating if I should head outside in really cold weather (2 degrees Fahrenheit right now) or to be a "mall-walker" somewhere.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    12.5 miles done (walking) will get mine finished tomorrow, I managed some upper body on Tuesday :)
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    between the elliptical and walking my doggy I got 17 miles this week ! did strength a couple times this week upper & lower body :>
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    You guys are doing awesome!

For sunday I better post before I forget. 5 miles. (2 walking, 3 jogging)

Keep it up y'all!
  • NatashaShen
    Options
    15 mile goal done! Hellz yea :bigsmile: . I think my legs are going to fall off.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    Options
    I walked 1.8 miles over lunchtime yesterday and added 1 mile today.

Today I was outside - it's below freezing, which is tough conditions for zombies so I think we are pulling away from them!