Training App

Options
For those of you who haven't already heard of this app, I highly recommend Zombies, Run! I have been comfortable running 5K for several years, but I never push myself. I just go out and enjoy it. Zombies, Run! helps me practice interval running, and it let's me know my per mile pace, so I can race against myself trying to beat my best pace. Plus, you get to pretend you're being chased by zombies! Fun, right?

It is not a free app, but the price has gone down. It was 7.99 when I got it a month or so ago, but it's now 3.99.

Replies

• xViccas27
    Options
    I want to get that app pretty badly...but I keep hearing that you need to download music on a specific player to actually use it. Is that true? Is it boring without the music, if you can use it without any?
  • blueroses1983
    blueroses1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to get that app pretty badly...but I keep hearing that you need to download music on a specific player to actually use it. Is that true? Is it boring without the music, if you can use it without any?

You can use music but don't have to. It's designed to hear a bit of story, then a song, then more story, etc. But during songs you will get audible notification that you have obtained supplies and to speed up to escape hordes of zombies, making the time between story sections interesting even without music. If you have an iPhone, it can use any music you have on your phone. I don't know how it works on other devices.