Hello all (introduction)

Options
blancaran
blancaran Posts: 30 Member
My name is Blanca, and like most people on here, I've struggled with weight all my life. It began elementary after my family moved to another state. Instead of being like most kids and going out and being active, I became a couch potatoe. During junior high, my weight increased more, damaging my self confidence even more. When I turned 15 I found out I had been diagnosed with a thyroid illness, apparently this was one of the reasons why I stayed plush. Finding out I had a medical reason, only gave me an excuse to blame my weight on something other than myself. Which wasn't good. After having surgery and having a huge chunk of my thyroid taken out, my body began going through changes, better changes such as having bettery hair. However, it wasn't until I actually started working out and watching what I ate that I began seeing drastic weight loss. I went from weighing 240 pounds to weighing 173, the skinniest I've ever been. For once I was actually happy about the way I looked.

After being in a long term relationship, I ended up getting pregnant with my little one. During my pregnancy I went back up to being 230 pounds. Since then my weight has decreased thankfully, and I now currently weigh around 183 pounds. This is my last year in college, and being a mom and a full time student has made it a little difficult for me to find time with work outs. However, I'm eager for change, it's been a rough road, but I'm ready.

Replies

• Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    Another Mommy!

How wonderful!

Well you're well on your way hun! you're an inspiration for how you've challenged yourself already with beng both a mom and student.

I know how the college life can be challenging while trying to lose weight, but together we can do it!

What is your goal weight?? How tall are you??

KEEP GOING!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

:)
  • blancaran
    Options
    Thank you! I am 5'5 and want to go from the 180's down to 150. I looked skinny just being 173, so think 150 is ideal. Plus for my height this puts me into being average weight and out of being considered obese or overweight. If I ever reach my goal and keep on going I think 130 would be perfect. However for now 150 is my ultimate goal.
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
  • blancaran
    Options
    Nice to meet you too! :smile: