Veggies, yuck!

Options
Hello, my name is Kayla. I am seventeen and I want to be bikini ready for summer but, I don't like vegetables and I am a very picky eater. I am 130 maybe more and want to be down to 100. That may sound bad but that is the correct weight for my height and age. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Light dressing does wonders for raw veggies. There are lots and lots of veggies available now you should try a few new ones that you see in the produce department at your grocery store. Also if there are one or two veggies you like just eat those. Do you like any veggies?
  • KaylaConrose
    Options
    I have one of the worst gag reflexes and all the vegetables I have tried just didn't agree with it.
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like "the thought of vegies" grosses you out. Humans are supposed to be omnivorous and eat a variety of meats vegies and grains. Just keep trying different kinds made different ways, Im sure you will find something you like. And dont overthink it.
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've just found a whole load of recipes for "green smoothies" - they're made with green veggies like spinach and celery which are very good for you but taste vile (to me anyway!). But by adding a banana and some peanut butter, or an apple and some cinnamon, you can't taste the veggies at all - just the fruit. Might be a good way to get your 5 a day until you find some veggies that you actually do like.
  • klymt918
    klymt918 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't like veggies much either, I eat way more fruit than I do vegetables, but that works for me. I find that I don't crave sweets either because of the natural sweetness of the fruit. I eat wraps everyday though, and I try to add a few veggies like tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce, but I never eat veggies by themselves. I don't find them very appealing. Honestly, I don't give myself a hard time about it, especially when I am already eating so healthy.
  • KaylaConrose
    Options
    Thanks everyone this has helped a lot. (:
  • April482
    Options
    What about eating them as a soup? You could cook the veggies (broccoli is my favourite, maybe mushrooms, too) in some vegetable or chicken broth and then puree them in a blender. Add a bit of shredded cheese and melt it in the soup to mask the veggie taste a bit.