Thoughts on the new EPs/SP that were announced yesterday?

Options
rosiereally2
rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
In case you were too busy living a REAL life (yawn) and missed it, here's the meat of press release:

"Coming this March, The Sims 3 University Life will give players an opportunity to leave home and attend university, where they will enroll in classes, earn degrees and discover the crazy antics and hijinks that go hand-in-hand with the college lifestyle. From juice-keggers to new social groups, to protests in the quad and young love, there's much more to university than time spent in the classroom. Sims will explore an all-new college town filled with new locations to visit such as the bowling alley and SimBurger and discover hidden talents through an array of extra-curricular activities, including spray painting murals, playing games of kicky bag in the quad and so much more!

The Sims 3 University Life opens a new chapter for young adult to elder Sims and anyone in between. Once a Sim is enrolled in university, they will pick from one of six majors and work towards earning a degree. From class activities to major-specific objects, The Sims 3 University Life will poise Sims for multiple benefits in their careers, including accelerated pay, higher career entry, new opportunities and more.

Available for pre-order is The Sims 3 University Life Limited Edition Expansion Pack, which includes the Party Pack consisting of the Partaeus Maximus statue, a toga outfit and a masquerade mask. The Partaeus Maximus statue is an all-new object that will appear in the university world and enable Sims to choose from six different party themes and throw the ultimate bash.

Dropping anchor this June is The Sims 3 Island Paradise, an expansion pack filled with adventure, exploration and a world of new discoveries set on the sunny shores and beneath the glistening water of a tropical paradise. For the first time ever, Sims can take the helm of fully customizable houseboats and set sail in search of uncharted islands, create, own and manage resorts or discover what lies beneath the ocean through the new skill-based scuba diving and snorkeling activities. The Sims 3 Island Paradise introduces all new ways to build - whether it's a lavish five-star resort, a bungalow on the water or a houseboat that can travel the seas. Players can create their own idea of island paradise for their Sims in this new expansion pack and embark on an unforgettable journey.

Launching this fall is an all-new stuff pack that is filled with clothing and décor inspired by iconic movie themes and settings. Additionally this fall, Sims will finally be able to travel to the future in an all-new expansion pack, currently untitled. More details will be revealed in the coming months, but Sims will certainly have the time of their lives this year with the offerings from The Sims 3."

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=732234

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this rosiereally2!!! I really appreciate it!

I nearly wet myself when I saw the Sims VIP news this morning but haven't had chance to do anything more than view the trailer as I had to leave for work :angry: When I get home I'm going to go through looking for anything I can find on it!!

So what's your favourite new addition or game play? I think that it's great that any age from young adult to elder can attend Uni, can you imagine having a keg party with your granny there as well? lol!

Houseboats?!!!! Oh my!!
  • tlaj305
    tlaj305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I saw that on my face book and I got so excited. Finally they added some of the fun things from Sims 2.
  • cupicakeanberlin
    cupicakeanberlin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't say I'm ever disappointed with an addition, I'm not sure how 'Island Paradise' will really play out from that, it's not too clear how the mechanics will work, will it be like WA? Or is it a new world, like, you can have a family that lives on a boat, I don't know. Will be cool to find out where that heads. But University?! Cash! I loved 2 Uni, probably one of my favorite EPs, so this news is awesome. I can't imagine them making it anything but better either. Though- it will probably get a bit of hate when it comes out because 'oh they changed this' or 'whagh, this is out of the game now' but I'm sure in reality it will be better.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    There always seem to be haters whenever a new expansion pack comes out....I don't know why. It seems like Christmas to me when I get my hands on a new pack!!

Anyone knows how long the period of time will be while you're away at Uni? I tried to remember what it was for sims 2 but came up blank. Might have to go a-googleing soon!!
  • cupicakeanberlin
    cupicakeanberlin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone knows how long the period of time will be while you're away at Uni? I tried to remember what it was for sims 2 but came up blank. Might have to go a-googleing soon!!

I don't think they've announced that far yet, I could be wrong.
  • tree850
    tree850 Posts: 12
    Options
    i am really excited because it released two days before my birthday yay!
    but i have noticed with the sims they tend to repeat the same expansion over and over i really would like open for business, that was a great one.
    come on March!!!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Thanks cupicakeanberlin - I will keep my eyes and ears open for any news regarding this and so many of my different queries!

@tree850 - Oooh, open for business!! I loved that EP as well and I always wish that they'd release a game just before my birthday but it always seems to be 2-3 weeks later!!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I agree about Open For Business! That's the one I really want to see return. I'm a little worried that the ability to run your own resort in Island Paradise might be all they will give us to replace OFD, which would NOT make me a happy camper.

I like the idea of having a vacation resort where my Sims can just relax and do some recreational things, which WA severely lacks, in my opinion.

For Uni, I think I would rather have an online learning or a night school option for my adult Sims, as I find it more realistic than sending them to live in a dorm. But I guess we'll have to see how they execute it. It could be a nice addition.

This may sound weird, but I really home you'll still have the option to, um, "socialize" with the professor to get better grades. I always had a few Sims who were likely to take that route to straight As, LOL!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    This may sound weird, but I really home you'll still have the option to, um, "socialize" with the professor to get better grades. I always had a few Sims who were likely to take that route to straight As, LOL!

I surely hope that this is allowed because that's how my sims got through Uni!! :laugh:
  • ellliemaeee
    ellliemaeee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I didn't love the university themed expansion for The Sims 2, so I don't know how to react. Unfortunately, real life has hit and I can't drop $60 bucks on new games any more, so I don't know if I'll find out :(