Hello!

Options
Gwenski
Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
HelloI
Thanks for the invite! Let's SHOW what we are made of in Ontario!
So great to have support from nearby.
Hugs and all the best on your journey to excellent health!

Replies

• 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yeah - that worked!!!

Ontario - keep it beautiful! :)
  • 26Nirak
    Options
    Ladies - I am almost in the mood for a pre-challenge meeting...so we can ooohhh and ahhhhh when the challenge is done..

May 11th sounds good? It's a week before Victoria day week-end...I figured people have plans then...

My goal for May 11th: 165 pounds or 75 kg. That's 26.5 pounds/12 kg and 18 weeks away.

So - that is a big chunk, but I am hoping that the weight from the last 2 months will come off quicker. Might as well raise my bar!!

Where do YOU hope to be?
  • 26Nirak
    Options
    My challenge this week:

Start logging again every day, every bite
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow...Let's see...So far May 11th works for me. My son is planning a "reception" to celebrate his wedding this past December. But the date as still tentative. I will get in touch with him to clarify.
    A goal...I want to run my first 5 k race of the year before that date, and have a date booked for my very first 10 k race ever!

I guess I better start Googling!
  • JoanneStone
    Options
    Oh! A weekly goal...That is even harder! Ah...My goal for this week. My week starts on Fridays so I'm 3 days in already. To do some form of exercise everyday, whether it is walking, running or *sigh* a date with Jillian Michaels! I hate that woman...
  • 26Nirak
    Options
    Hahahaha...we won't invite Jillian on May 11th then... :)

Are we all around 30 pounds from our goal weight, give or take?
  • JoanneStone
    Options
    Hahahaha...we won't invite Jillian on May 11th then... :)

Are we all around 30 pounds from our goal weight, give or take?

Sounds about right to me!
  • Gwenski
    Options
    My goal this week: stay totally away from peanut butter! It's become a problem. Hubby loves the stuff so I am going to put a stop sign on the lid that says DONT DO IT GWEN right now!
  • Gwenski
    Options
    I would love to lose another 55 or so pounds, but 35 would be great too. I have a hard time stating a goal. I would really like my goal to be this : " less than 1350 cals. And at least 30 minutes of exercise, every day, for the rest of my life and be happy with wherever the scale settles". I think it's one of the things that makes me curious, as I wonder what that weight will be.
  • SunnyLynnie
    SunnyLynnie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I love the name of this group, Karin! Very clever!! My goal for May 11th is to be at my goal weight, which is 145 lbs. I'm at 158 right now, so that means a little under one pound a week. Realistic for me, because I'm on medication that makes it extremely hard to lose weight.

This week, my goal is have at least 11 servings of fruits and veggies every day and cut down on sat fats.

It will be great to be there for each other!

Lyne
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    Joanne, you crack me up!
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    I have revised my calorie goal downward from 1500 to 1400. I thought the higher calories would kick-start weight loss, but that doesn't seem to work for me. I am also doing well at my 11 servings of fruits and veggies. Any thoughts about calorie goals?
  • 26Nirak
    Options
    Not really...I heard the upping you caloric intake but to me a calorie is still a calorie. With 1400, you are serving your body well in my opinion. Maybe it works for people whose calorie intake is really low and the metabolism is getting lazy...you got try things out to see what works best for you
  • Gwenski
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been mulling this over in my head for a while now. I find if I exercise off more than 500 calories I am intensely more hungry than if I stay below that.. it just seems to be my level. I can eat 1200-1300 cals pretty comfortably if I exercise under 500 calories-worth. After that, I really feel like I need to up my intake. I am not sure how it's going as I haven't weighed in in a bit. I guess I'll see when the time comes. I think for the next week or so, I might knock back the biking to 45 minutes and keep the cals at 1250 or so and see what happens.
    Also, how many are in our group now? Thinking of 'sponsoring' us. I'll put in 25 cents per pound lost by us until our meeting and we can put it toward our lunch! How's that for a deal?
    Hugs to all!
    Gwen
  • Gwenski
    Options
    Anyone want to share their hobbies an interests? or cool tips and hints?
    I love 'virtual travelling' on google maps/google streetview (especially international).. and enjoy family tree research.
    Helpful hint of the day: I use evo oil as a non-stick coating.. just a few drops and I smear it around the pan with a paper towel. Afterward, I rub the papertowel on my elbows.. my goodness are they looking better!
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    Hi Gwen,
    Let us know how the calorie burn/intake works out!

Hobbies... hmmmm.... gourmet cuisine, renovating, reading, working out, badminton, and meditation! My sister is doing our family tree - it's fascinating!

Are you sure you can afford our weight loss? A quarter a pound sounds like a lot! But it's a nice idea.

Until next time!

Lyne
  • Gwenski
    Options
    I am thinking at a pound a week, that would be $4 a person... So, if 6 of us did that its only $24.. It could get us a good bottle of wine or 'champagne'..or, our apps. Or the tip from lunch... We'll see how it goes! I seriously hope it empties my wallet if it motivates us all! I could post a pic of the jar of quarters each week.. Lol!
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello to all and thanks to Gwen for the invite. I am seriously much further away from my goal then any of you; however, I am thrilled to have some other Ontario women to walk the journey with. I am good for May 11. Not sure of my May 11th goal as I seem to be stalled right now. I was doing great with losing until I started moving more. I had set my next goal of Feb 14th to be down 30 pounds. That means I need to drop 12 pounds in the next 5 weeks. It was more obtainable when I stated it 3 weeks ago. :S

So, I guess for May 11th my goal will be to not miss a day of logging, to continue to exercise at least 5 days per week and to maybe even have lost some pounds by then.

As for hobbies, music is a big one for me. I play trumpet in the Guelph Concert Band and also participate in worship at church on occasion. I enjoy puzzles (everything from jigsaw to sudoku) and reading as well. As a working mother of a three-year old I don't tend to have much money left at the end of the week (pre-school costs and all), but I love traveling and look forward to doing lots in the future. My hubby and I enjoy cooking together, particularly Latino foods (he is Costa Rican).

Cheers!
    Angela
  • JoanneStone
    Options
    My turn...Hobbies...I love to run, walk, hike. If it gets me outdoors I usually enjoy it. Camping, reading, I love my back yard, it is my summer sanctuary. I love my job, I'm a Physio assistant in a long term care facility, My residents are a real joy to me!

READING! I am a HUGE fan of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series! Jamie is my other man (shhhh! don't tell my hubby) Any one else?

I don't have any real tips for weight loss, I just try to exercise and stay under my calories...
  • 26Nirak
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Angela! Glad to have you onboard!

Love your quarter idea, Gwen - imagine if all our lunches would be paid for my our quarters! How to keep track, though?

Good to get to know you guys a bit better too -

Hobbies...mmmh...I love to travel. My travel-bucket list is getting so long, that only a lottery win combines with immediate retirement will do....in the mean-time I stick to vacation times and making a genuine effort to explore my own backyard. So many places I have not been to! And where else can you get from Copenhagen to Vienna in under 10 minutes?

I am also an avid reader, I love historical fiction.

As you know, I like to walk and hike...I love the outdoors and nature.

That's for my real-life hobbies -

I other things I have enjoyed and would like to enjoy more are horse back riding and downhill skiing....I also dabble in Yoga and mediation, but that's sporadic and mood-motivated.

I also am open to any adventures and new ideas...

17 weeks til May 11....