Tenny Wenny Afro (TWA) Styling Ideas

Options
NNAhuja
NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
Hey All,
I'm super excited that my hair finally grew out long enough for me to actually style!
I thought it would be a great idea to put up picks of how I style my TWA.
Feel free to post your style ideas too!

2012-06-16111830-2.jpg
Figured I'd show how short my TWA actually is! It's longer at the crown of my head but my sides are pretty short, too short for me to braid. I got this by applying Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 all over my hair and then playing with my hair. It's a great way for me to get my curls to wake up and come out to play! SN: Excuse me showing off my new accessories LOL!

2012-07-05081207.jpg
2012-07-05081122.jpg
This is my hair today. I only used Jam Regular Hold to keep it all laid down. I'm on day 2 with this style so it's getting kind of fuzzy. I should have used the product I used with this next style...

AphsIweCQAEzkp_.jpg
I have a tendency to be a product junky. This style was achieved with Organic Root Stimulators Twist and Loc Gel. I applied the product to wet hair sections and twisted. That was it! Left a section up front to two strand twist. I like the more "controlled"/slick look the Twist and Loc Gel provides. My hair was a bit longer in this style along with the next one. I could probably do them now with smaller twists going up to my crown.
I've also seen people rock a variation of this same style doing twists into a ponytail or even into a bun or french roll.

AmSujJjCMAA_s7S.jpg
What my hair looks like after I did a two strand twist out all over my hair. I probably used the same product in style number 2. I tend to section my hair into 16 mini-afro puffs and do 3-4 twists in each puff.

All the products I mentioned can be found at most Walgreens or CVS with the acception or the Hawiian Silky which I find at Sallys.

Replies

• djohnson_143
    djohnson_143 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Very cute! I know that when my hair was a twa, I tried to style it all the time too! The funny thing is that I looked the flyest when I just left it alone. Your cut is hot! My fav pic is the 1st one. Either way rock it the way that makes you feel the best!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I effin HATED that cut! lbvs I went in for a trim in April and the guy did a wack job! Took the rest of the year to grow out.
    Everyone else liked it but my TWA was so big and fluffy that when he SCALPED me, I freaked out. I missed the variety. I couldn't two strand twist, braid, or do anything but just just massage oils to help it grow.