Hi - I'm new

Options
I'm a fibro and lupus patient and a "pain eater". I recently went into a flare and have gained 40 lbs. from binging while I hurt and steriods. Changing diet to more fruits and veggied and have already lost 5 lbs. I'm trying to stop the snack food binges at night when I hurt the most. I can hardly wait to re-learn healthy eating from you all.

Replies

• KristiLoo13
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I have Fibro and an emotional eater. Pain, stress, joy, sadness... You name it, I eat it. I'm working every day to try to make healthier choices for myself now. Hopefully, it'll result in less pain down the road, too.

After a long day's work, I have trouble with pain in the evening too. I find that relaxing in a warm bath with Epsom salt, candles, and "spa radio" on Pandora.com really helps me unwind, and helps ease my pain. Maybe replacing the snacking with some relaxing "me time" would help with your pain, as well. :)
  • mom2ericm
    Options
    I'm also an emotional eater; especially stress. I just gained 45 lbs. in 3 months due to an emotional upset. I'm using MFP to regain control. I like your idea of a hot bath. My husband and I get into our hot tub when he comes home from work. I really start binging though when he goes to bed.