Midlands...

Options
amybooj
amybooj Posts: 11 Member
Well, Wolverhampton specifically... I'm a new member at the gym, but I had dallied a few times with the C25K programme - has anybody here completed it? If so, is anyone Midlands based and can advise some good places to run? I don't want to just do the same lap of the Stafford road!

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    from the midlands, would like to add more UK people as they are online when I am!
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Halesowen here... :smile:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    When i lived in Leeds my best friends and housemates were from Wolverhampton and Halesowen... I'm from Worcester though...
    and cant actually be of any help i just got excited by the title all "oohh oooh i qualify!" ...sorry x
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just to chip in. I'm from Erdington Birmingham. Not found anyone closer than wolves of Halesowen so far I'm on a mission. Perhaps I should knock on my neighbours door and introduce him to my fitness pal lol
    Ben
    Feel free to add me as a friends I'm always looking for new ones now that I'm finally committed to logging and exercising!
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nottingham. C25K is a good way of getting from walking to running, you should improve you time almost every time you go out...
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    hi i'm from Nottinghamshire always looking for new friends feel free to add me
  • macijojo
    Options
    hhey, i live in cannock but spend a lot of time over in willenhall hehe
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Redditch here !!!!!! Just thought to say hello !!!!! ;-)
  • SneakyBat
    SneakyBat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in Birmingham, I'm not quite at the running stage yet, I do lots of walking though. I'm really close to the city centre & there's nowhere particularly scenic or free of pedestrians (or roads for that matter) that I'd dare run.
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in Yardley, Birmingham :-) Not a brummy though, originally from the idle of man :-) feel free to add me!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Leicester here :bigsmile:

Have tried a couple of C25k apps. Just started a new one Zombies 5k Run (http://www.zombiesrungame.com) which was recommended by one of my MFPals. So far so good, but then I've only done the 1st 3 sessions :bigsmile:
    x
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm in West Bromwich - but Sorry I can't help with nice places to run in wolves! Feel free to add me, its nice to see Locals ;)
  • tinz75
    tinz75 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm in Wolverhampton and did a C25K in Bridgnorth, now running in Wednesfield and Shifnal Telford.
    I'm doing a 10k in February (eek) around the Apply Estates in Shropshire.

Depends how far from home you want to go, Bridgnorth is great because in includes the hills. I work in Shropshire so it was ideal for me on my way home.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Well, Wolverhampton specifically...

I ran the BBCHM (Birmingham Black Country Half Marathon) last year which was a 100% canal route between Wolverhampton train station and Brindley Place, B'ham. It's a pleasant, flat run that's quite scenic in places. Lots of muddy puddles to jump if there's been lots of rain but otherwise is a decent option.
  • njisaac
    njisaac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from Leicestershire way looking for more uk based friends.. add if you like :)
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    from Derbyshire looking for more uk friends feel free to add me :) im nearly half way through my journey with 39lbs left to go :D
  • sarieah
    sarieah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm from Telford, lots of places to run around here but probably a bit of a trip out for you!
    I'm in need of more friends and support, so feel free to add me :-)
  • loubylou1969
    loubylou1969 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I live in Stoke so no help to you either.

Feel free to add me

Lou
  • Jirinka2
    Options
    Northampton here x