Shoes for TurboFire?

Options
SKAKES
SKAKES Posts: 12 Member
What kind of shoes do you all use for the Turbofire program? Right now I'm using my Brooks Adrenline but they are not working to well with pivoting and all that jumping... Any suggestions?

Replies

• crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started using ASICS Women's GEL-Ipera Fitness Shoe about 10 days ago and they are working wonderfully. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EEPDS2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I bought Nike Shocks a couple years ago b/c they were on sale and b/c well Chalene loves them, they must be good right? They are the WORST! The shock portion is merely a decoration, no actual compression movement so you are very much on your toes in these shoes, not very comfortable.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm using Nike Shox. They seem to be working fine for me. They support my feet really well. I was getting ankle pains with my previous sneaks. The pivoting part is dependent on the type of floor that you have. Rugs are harder to pivot on but on a non-rugged floor you can pivot easily.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I bought KSwiss Tubes because I was doing Body Revolution before this and there's way more jumping in it than TurboFire. These are the shoes that Jillian Michaels wears in the work outs. They've been working well for TF too. I got them on sale at Kohls online.

However for the pivoting, a dance type sneaker would work better. I have a pair of Nike Musique IV (also from Kohls lol) which allowed me to pivot and shuffle during Zumba workouts which might help you depending on your floor.
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know Chalene wore Nike Shox forever (Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick, Turbo Fire) but they are not for everyone. Years ago, I tried doing Turbo Jam workouts in Shox. It wasn't pleasant. There's a youtube video where Chalene talks about shoes and how she's no longer able to wear Shox due to support/foot issues. I will post the link if I can find it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Because of my knees, I needed extra cushioning so I got a running shoe. I started wearing Nike Pegasus about a week ago, which so for are doing really well, no pain in my knees like I used to get with my previous shoe. I went to a running store which has a liberal return policy, I have 30 days to try them out and can return them if they don't work out.
  • kisercrew6
    kisercrew6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried wearing shoes during TF & had a lot of pain in my shins and ankles. I now do everything barefoot and have no issues. I work out in my living room on carpet so I'm getting some cushion from that. Hopefully I don't regret the lack of support later.