WELCOME NEWEST MEMEBERS!

Options
I'm so sorry it took me so long to invite you all to our GROUP! But in my defense there are 12 pages of people on my original "lose 1 pound a week challenge.". That was a lot of people to send invites to! :wink:

Anyways.... WELCOME!!!

If you have already lost weight in the first week (Jan 1st- Jan 8th) please add it to the WEIGHT LOSS THREAD.... There are 2 threads because we just started week 2, TODAY! Weigh in on WHATEVER DAY of the week that WORKS FOR YOU and post it to the thread for that date.....PM me if you need clarification.

I think we got an AWESOME GROUP going here and so happy to be a part of it!
THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME!!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:

Replies

• ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks... Let me introduce myself. I am 47 years old, although people tell me I look much younger. I was a weight watchers leader for a few years and really resolved a lot of eating issues while there. However I left the organization a few years back due to a film project I was involved in and I really missed the support etc. I tried the weight watchers online tools but there were so many things I didn't like about it... ( only weighing once a week, and people arguing endlessly about things) plus I barely got to know anyone, as the crowd changed so fast. When I found his sight I was delighted, it has all the features I need and more... My husband is even following it.
    I am a Canadian and live in central Canada. I am a writer and currently involved in film making. I am married with 5 kids (2 bio, three foster). Most of my kids are grown. My main goal is to make exercise and fitness a daily part of my life and to maximize my healthy choices every day... I am here to learn fom others and to encourage others.
    I chose this as my group because a one pound a week goal attracts people who are looking for long term success and lifestyle change rather than a quick fix. I am excited to see how we all do. If I lose one pound a week I will reach my goal weight on my birthday in May.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself and why you are here.
  • healthyheartRN
    Options
    Enjoyed reading your post, I am one who also does not usually join in on group discussion because there are so many negative comments and even rude ones that just made me feel bad, so I have kept to myself although I'm glad I saw the 1lb. per week challenge and like the whole flow of the members, and how the discussions are going.

I am a RN, lost over 130 lbs., didn't keep it off very long though as I returned to not paying attention and just eating. I have found that for me I HAVE to pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth. It's easy to do when your doing everything right, but when your not, you tend to just block it out...... but it matters, whether we pay attention or not, our bodies react to what, and how much we put into them.

I put 54 lbs. back on, and have now gone down, but still have a ways to go, but it feels better just to be trying.

Have a good day.
  • dana_c
    dana_c Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for thinking of this challenge :)
    I have a very technical question: How do I post my weight on the thread? I didn't meet my goal just yet, but I would still like to post...
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    Options
    I am a 49 year old woman who has struggled with weight issues for most of my life. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers but have not been at my goal weight for years (20+). I am married to a wonderful man, who has supported me in anyway I looked! I have two boys ages 25 and 18 years old. I work full time at a company for 21 years and I think this year they will be outsourcing my job. So alot of stress added into my life.

I really want this to my last time I try to get healthy. I am tired of complaining about how tired I am and want to get 50lbs off of me. I am turning 50 in December and would love to see some of this weight off. If I could do a pound a week, that would be so doable! I just sometimes get lazy and love to have any kind of support from MFP friends.

so here goes to saying goodbye to the unhealthy lifestyle and saying hello to my new friends!
  • ladywendolyn
    Options
    You can get a ticker that shows how far you have come or how far you have left to go. Check under "help" to find it.
  • ladywendolyn
    Options
    You can do it this year. Just focus one day at a time on hitting your target. It all adds up.
    There is lots of support on this site. Also I would suggest investing in one of the gadgets that you can buy and wear to see how much you are really burning each day. They are very motivating. I bought the bodybit one today.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you for thinking of this challenge :)
    I have a very technical question: How do I post my weight on the thread? I didn't meet my goal just yet, but I would still like to post...

The goal of this group is to encourage and motivate everyone to a healthy weight loss of 1 lb a week - whether you're trying to lose 10 lbs or 200 lbs. Each week our lovely and talented group founder, Jlc1974, makes a new board with that weeks dates. We don't care what day you weigh in on or even if you don't lose anything that week, just post your week's progress on that board. Some people just post their amount lost, some post the previous week's weight and this week's weight.

Even if you gain or stay the same or don't lose a full pound, I'd still encourage you to post. There are a lot of great people in this group who can support, motivate, encourage and lift you up when you're just not feeling "it".

We also have weekly challenges and are starting a weekly recipe swap, where another lovely group member, inspirem, will choose a meat, a veggie and a fruit and then we can all share our favorite recipes for those items. And I think it's safe to say that if you have any other suggestions for things we can do to share, help and enrich each other on our journey, please share it!

Welcome to the group!!
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Sign me in..... Starting weight 224 as I'd 1/1/2013
  • Michelegg
    Michelegg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just joined MFP today. I've been using LoseIt and Weight Watchers for the past few years. Lost 97 lbs on WW and have successfully gained back quite a bit of it. Anyway! Here I am ready to get it together for good. I'm a 49 year old Stay At Home Mom of 7 children, but only one is left at home. YAY! I'm also a Grandma to 2 beautiful Granddaughters, with another Granddaughter and Grandson due any day. Life is busy and very good. Glad to be here with all of you.
  • MystFire117
    MystFire117 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I hope it's not too late to join this group and help each other turn around to fitness in 2013!! I'm Lisa, and I'm a stress eater. I'm in research so my life is very stressful! I've put on about 60 pounds since mid-grad school (about 7 yrs) and when I went over 200lbs I knew it was time for a change. I am on MFP this year to try to get back to the shape I was in in grad school, when I ran 3 miles a day. I have a long-term dream to run a half marathon. I am looking helping keep each other honest and motivated, because I really need some inspiration some days!!

Nice to meet you all!
  • ladywendolyn
    Options
    Welcome Lisa!
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    Hi. I am new to this site and excited to get started. I have spent the last hour trying to find a team that is active and I am so excited that I found this group. I wish everyone good luck on their journey and I am excited to receive and give support and motivation.
  • vmlooper
    Options
    Hello- My name is Vanessa and I too am joining this site/group for the first time. So far, I really like it. I lost 40 lbs in 2012 and my goal is to lose 40 lb in 2013. I just started a fitness challenge at the aquatic center and need some motivation to stick with it for the next 3 months. Exercise more and eat less- easier said than done. Good luck everyone!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group! I happen to think we've got a great thing going here too! :wink:

Check back here often! Post lots and stay active! Give others TONS of support and help and I truly believe it comes back to you when YOU need it! :flowerforyou:
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    Thank you Jlc1974 :-)
  • rachcake13
    rachcake13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rachel and 27 years old. My husband works with the foreign service and we moved to Beirut, Lebanon in August. I'm lonely and homesick and while I haven't put on weight, I haven't taken any off. I walk a lot here, but have found myself also making a lot of comfort foods (mostly sweets) to make myself feel better. I think I need motivation and a good way to track and stay accountable of what I'm doing to myself by way of food stuffs. We want to start trying to have a family soon and I'd love to get like 40 pounds off of me before I embark on that journey! Any positive encourgement/reinforcement is greatly appreciated! ;)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AN AWESOME GROUP :love:
    This is probably the biggest group on MFP,....something to be proud of :drinker:
    Welcome everyone :flowerforyou: If anyone wants to add me as a pal send me a request....I'll do what I can to be supportive and motivational :happy:
  • ladywendolyn
    Options
    Welcome new members. I like this group because it is focused on doable lifestyle change!
  • Athena42006
    Athena42006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fresh start this week as I was very sick last week.

SO MOTIVATED! I hope it lasts!
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just joined; l'm hoping you all want me. Today is Jan 25-where I'm suppose to post? Thanks for doing this challenge.