Options
Hey everyone! I'm an active duty member and had a beautiful baby girl in Sep 2012. Gained 30lbs during the pregnancy and when New Year's came, I decided to start getting back within standards. Using portion control, elimanating foods that really don't have nutritional value and cardio for 45 min 6x a week, I already managed to lose 2 pounds. But SURPRISE! 5 days into my fitness plan, we find we are expecting again! Though I am excited, I am nervous about what a second pregnancy 4 months after delivring may mean for my body and health.(not to mention baby's!) I would GREATLY appreciate any tips and support. I look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

Replies

• nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi, and congrats! I am currently pregnant with baby #4, and due in April. Just relax and listen to your body, make sure that you get getting great nutrition and healthy exercise, and everything will be great! I got pregnant with my second baby when my first was only 3 months old, and had a healthy 8.5 lb baby girl with no complications! Close babies are tough, but now my girls are 4 and 5, and they are best friends!
  • Fienix2013
    Options
    Congrats to you too! I really appreciate the positive feedback, I do worry about how to manage a toddler and a newborn when the time comes. You look fabulous! I've been doing Zumba alternating with Insanity. I feel confortable doing both at this early stage but I am wondering if you have any suggestions as far as workouts? : )
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My best suggestion is to keep up what you feel comfortable with. Your body will tell you if you are over- doing it. I went for a jog this week, and decided that it would be my last until after the baby is born because I was having crazy pelvic pressure, but I am still doing zumba, yoga, ballet and walking. I also wear a heart rate monitor and try to stay below 150 as per my midwife's suggestion.
  • Fienix2013
    Options
    Will do : ) I just bought a heart rate monitor (mostly to gauge how many calories i'm burning) How are you doing with eating habits an calorie intake? Any suggestions? : )