Fresh Start

Options
I am brand new to all of this and so far sooooo good. I could always use extra support especially awesome people near or in Rochester! I am looking to shed 70lbs! Is there anyone out there with a success story or hell even a story of their journey anything will help!

Replies

• rtbk449
    rtbk449 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you as you start this journey! MFP is a great tool with many resources, and people for motivation. There are SO MANY wonderful stories and picture logs to help you stay motivated.

I just relocated to Rochester in the Fall, and am learning my way around this place!
  • lkeairgah220
    Options
    Thanks! Welcome to Rochester! Congratulations on your 16 lbs :) If you don't mind me asking what was your weight and height? I am 5'4 and 270 pounds :( I am lucky and work for the Y so I am able to use a membership to the gym which for me is a large help. I would love to find more people and make some new friends on this mission!
  • rtbk449
    rtbk449 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'3" and presently 249....so we are pretty close.

I have been contemplating joining the Y, or Planet Fitness, I just need to know that I won't be wasting my money, and not going. My b/f does CrossFit, but I KNOW I can not handle that stuff yet. There is no way!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jill :)
    I go to the Y. It's great! Good luck on your journey!
  • Marie12059
    Options
    hi, i am also on a similar journey as you all. i am at 5'3 with just under 100 lbs to go til i see my goal weight! i just cancelled my LA Fitness , and joined the Y also. i love it. i do post and try to encourage my friends daily. feel free to add me..i will be around here for a long time, and love this sight a lot. TYVM, Marie