day 11 gluten free--burned out!

so today is day 11. i've done well, not really feeling tempted, i'm full and satisfied at every meal, found some great snacks, tried some new recipes. today i just feel SO TIRED of thinking about gluten. checking labels, planning shopping and meals, navigating tricky situations like my daughters birthday party tomorrow. i dont know how some of you manage to do this everyday indefinitely. i dont sub out a lot of stuff, like i dont really use gluten free bread or pasta, i just cut that stuff out and i'm ok with it. i dont really miss anything, i'm just tired of checking labels and worrying about gluten.

Replies

• joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    I was diagnosed with celiac at the age of 2 and have read labels all my life... If you NEED to eat gluten free, it just becomes a way of life. :-)
  • It will become second nature and it does get easier,
    Remember think of the foods you can eat not what you can't.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Yep it just becomes second nature. And it's just a quick turn of the wrist. When you know what all the hidden glutens are, besides just wheat, its just a quick action. :)
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    so today is day 11. i've done well, not really feeling tempted, i'm full and satisfied at every meal, found some great snacks, tried some new recipes. today i just feel SO TIRED of thinking about gluten. checking labels, planning shopping and meals, navigating tricky situations like my daughters birthday party tomorrow. i dont know how some of you manage to do this everyday indefinitely. i dont sub out a lot of stuff, like i dont really use gluten free bread or pasta, i just cut that stuff out and i'm ok with it. i dont really miss anything, i'm just tired of checking labels and worrying about gluten.

Are you GF by choice? It does become second nature, but it's a lot harder if you're doing it when you don't have too. I'm gluten free for life, it's not a big deal even after just a few months. But gluten is just one in a long list of ingredients that I look for, adding it in was easy. Our food is also dairy, tree nuts, peanut, soy and corn free.
  • i am GF by choice. i have been struggling with debilitating migraines since middle school and a few other issues and i'm over it. i was having a little pity party earlier about having to check labels but i'm over it now. 11 days in and i feel pretty good. no migraines and 11 days is a pretty long stretch for me without a migraine.
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    If it helps, week 2 was the hardest for me, but week 3 is amazing! I was just telling my husband that tonight!
    (I gave up about week 7-8, but I wish I didn't.)