What do you think about...

Options
thr33martins
thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
...theme classes? What themes have you taught/attended that you loved or hated and why?

Replies

• cserg
    cserg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love the holiday classes. Always try to go on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. The energy is so fun! Other than that, I have not gone to any theme classes but I think there has been only 1 since I started 2 years ago.
  • underwatermama
    underwatermama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been to a few, Christmas, Halloween and 80's come to mind. The most memorable one was a Michael Buble set. I think the instructor had all but two songs by him.
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    I've only been to Halloween. I thought it was pretty fun. There is an excited, almost school-kid energy.
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I did an all-Buble set once!! I mean ALL.....it was for an older married couple that used to frequent my classes... :)

I also love teaching Latin sets, and this Cardio-Kickboxing that they just started is fun, but can be redundant if you don't know what you are doing...

:)

Do your centers do birthday sets?
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love themes and have done alot of them - some are hits, some are misses. You really have to watch "feel and flow" on the themes because I find that that is the first thing that suffers when I'm trying to squeeze in all the great routines that I want.
    I have done LOVE themes for Valentines and have even done a break-up theme for Valentines for the "single ladies". There have been so many songs lately with "kiss" in them (the new Happy Man opener says he wants to kiss you, the new Kat Deluna song even says "Besame" in it which means kiss me and I love Shakira's Rabiosa (kiss me on the mouth)), I might do a "kiss" theme for this Valentines Day.
    For the coming super bowl, I will probably do a Beyonce theme since she is the half-time entertainment - of course, every song won't be Beyonce so I might have to throw in some football-ish songs in between.
    I've done a clothing them - Louboutins, Fire in your New Shoes, In these shoes, Boots are made for walkin', We belong to the Music even says, "I gotta brand new outfit" and many other songs that mention clothes.
    I LOVE 'em! And I have found that not every song has to reference the theme for it to be a good theme class - plus those other songs sometimes really help pull the feel and flow together.