GOALS!

Options
What is your main goal? how long have you given your self to reach it?

Replies

• Ginab44
    Options
    Hi there! My goal is 15 pounds and I would like to loose it by Memorial Day weekend (the pools open)! I know I may not have as much to loose as a lot of people do but the struggle is still the same! I LOVE food and after a long hard day at work my mind resorts to ummmm...what would be yummy and comforting tonight? I also recently separated from a 16 year long relationship and feeling down at times which also leads to bad food choices! I am looking forward to being a member of the group!
  • nins11065
    nins11065 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My goal is 50 pounds; slowly but surely! Any suggestions to keep myself motivated?
  • dawnmg81
    dawnmg81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose 155 lbs, and I have given myself around a year and a half...a year would be better but i dont want to push it too much and fizzle out...again. I have made a bunch of short term goals to help me along the way and to help keep me motivated. First goal is to lose 20 lbs, restart my 5k training and be down to pre-pregnancy weight
  • bw1974
    bw1974 Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel a little weird joining this forum as a man but I need support BIG TIME. I want to lose 60 - 70lbs by the summer. I am doing South Beach and have only been on it for 4 days. I am already feeling different but the scale has only moved a couple pounds. I know I can be impatient. I am doing it for myself, my wife, and my 4 beautiful children. It's a rough battle when you have eaten unhealthy your entire life.
  • ginakaraguz
    Options
    Ditto GinaB44. I don't have an extreme amount to lose, but these 20lbs have become a constant issue for me. It's amazing what all is affected by 20lbs of weight gain (clothing, confidence, romance, self-control, etc). I've gained exactly 20lbs in the past 3 yrs, and l'm working on losing it by Easter. Started this venture on Monday & down 2lbs this week. No starvation for me though...just making healthier choices & consistent exercise. Love the support/connections here, thanks for creating this forum!
  • melindatraynor
    melindatraynor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My FIRST goal is to lose 25 pounds by April 30th. Then after that, we'll see.
  • WrightRC
    Options
    Hello. My goal is to lose 37 lbs by June 1st, which will be my goal weight, and continue maintaining living a healthier lifestyle after that. :smile:
  • fragilewhisper
    fragilewhisper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined myfitnesspal yesterday, and didn't even think about when my goal date would be, or what my goal would be other than to just lose 70lbs. I guess my goal is to get motivated to keep track of my caloric intake, make smarter eating choices, drink water [because I like never do, no exaggeration], motivate myself to start any type of exercise, and get to down to a more healthier weight so I'm not feeling so tired/drained every day. :)
  • heartaflame
    heartaflame Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 90lbs. I don't have a set date, but it's something I'm working toward. I had a brain tumor removed in September and it's been an uphill road with daily doses of high dose steroids. I gained nearly 30lbs in 4 months, so it's time to take control back over my body.
  • marafish
    marafish Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to find a way to eat that gets my weight and blood chemistry (cholesterol et al) within the medically recommended range. I have medical issues that make figuring out what to eat especially complex. I’ve tried food and exercise logs before but have not achieved that goal; so this year I am trying again with another approach to logs. Maybe having the support of a community will be a positive factor. Best wishes for success to all in MFP.
  • TheAwesomeOwl
    Options
    Hi guys!
    My goal is to lose as much as possible (ultimate goal 135) before starting to try for another baby. I've tried to lose weight so many times, in so many ways and none have ever stuck. I'm hoping this time will be the last time. I'd love to have some support and give it to other people too, so feel free to add me!
  • rosieoutlook65
    rosieoutlook65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks, My goal is 35 lbs by June. I'm going on holiday somewhere hot and don't want to look disgusting in a bikini:
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi. My goal is to lose between two and four pounds and tone my body by Spring Break in March. I'm currently 5ft 3in and weigh 129. I would love to be under 125, but I'll settle for 127.
  • aristakat23
    aristakat23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 30-40 lbs. by the end of the year. I can no longer live like this. I feel terrible about myself and just want to be happy and healthy.
  • lamurphy37
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose at least 40 pounds this year and maintain, but I would like to lose at least 20 pounds by July 2. So far so good as I have lost 1 pound since starting a little over a week ago. I definitely need much motivation to eat low calories. My calorie goal is 1200 per day.
  • mouse7i7
    Options
    I wanna lose 20 pounds!! I have given myself the goal of doing it by July 1st!!