Entertaining...

Options
3foldchord
3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
I will be hosting a ladies craft day at my house this month. We will be making greeting cards. I like to make a shoebox of random different greeting cards in January to have for the year.

I will be making homemade pretzels. Not super healthy, but so yummy.. And better than boxed brownies ...right?
There will be a veggie platter and I want fruits, too.

I want to make homemade peppermint patties, too. So yum! I use coconut oil and baker's chocolate (and sugar of course...LOL) I use peppermint oil (not extract) so they are very intensely cool!! You just need one small one to satisfy.

I try to eat healthy normally, but on entertaining nights it's not quite as good.

Now I need to think of a healthy tea time snack for when my sister in law comes over...any ideas?

Replies

• CricketsGirl
    CricketsGirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I enjoy craft and art gatherings with my friends, too and inevitably we have yummy food to enjoy. Home made pretzels sound awesome!

I'm not really giving up any foods that I enjoy but staying aware of the cost to my body and balancing. Keeping the food journal really helps me with that. If I know my meals for the day, I enter them in the morning so I can adjust before it's too late. If I knew I were having home made pretzels then the rest of the day might mean lots of veggies and exercise so I could just enjoy them later. Anyway, that's my strategy, but time will tell if it's a good one. I just know that I really don't want to start depriving myself of the foods I love. When I do that, I just find myself grazing and pretty soon I'm out of control and might as well have indulged myself in what I really wanted in the first place and stopped with that.

A healthy tea-time snack just isn't coming to mind right now. Everything I can think of has lots of sugar. Have a great day! I'm spending the day in my studio making hand made paper.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

A healthy tea-time snack just isn't coming to mind right now. Everything I can think of has lots of sugar. Have a great day! I'm spending the day in my studio making hand made paper.

1) - I am having the same problem with a tea snack.... Everything that sounds good, is not good for me....

2)- I want to come to your house, you have an art studio!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    How about meringue cookies with different flavors, fillings and colors? One of my MFP friends was describing little cheese flavored rice cakes that she topped with a tuna mixture that sounded pretty good.