vega one

Options
has anyone tried Vega One? i bought a sample of the chocolate i mixed it with almond milk and i love it!
i was wondering what anyone else thought of it?
did you lose any weight?
i would just like to hear others opinions before i buy(:
thanks!

Replies

• BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My wife & I have also had samples and it does taste great. I don't think any sports shake will automatically help you lose weight, it depends on how you use it.

Our one complaint is the cost. Most protein powders are pricey; the vegan ones seem to be even more so, and Vega is near (if not at) the top of the bunch.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple soy protein powders from vitacoast.com for a decent price. I bought their own brand of vanilla and chocolate, and then a plain flavored one (Jarrows Iso-rich soy) to add into soups and dinners for an extra protein boost.

I use them as either a meal replacement or to boost daily protein intake. If I use it as a meal replacement then it's usually on a day that I overslept and don't eat 3 well balanced meals. I will make a smoothie with the powder, some almond milk, spinach and a handful of frozen fruit.

It's not a miracle weight loss supplement, just a way to get protein in. People may use it as a post-workout protein boost (I personally just eat a protein bar and drink lots of water) or meal replacement. I just don't think it fills me as well as a meal does so I don't make smoothies too often.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How does one get vega samples? LOL I want some! I have always heard it is great, but yes, it's totally pricey!

I have just gotten the Sun Warrior kind and plan on using it this weekend since I wrote them and they sent me samples! I have heard good things about it! :D Granted, it's always better to have whole foods, but I am looking traveling for a new job 5 days a week and man, as a vegan that would be great! :D
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How does one get vega samples? LOL I want some! I have always heard it is great, but yes, it's totally pricey!

They have single-serve "sample" packets at Whole Foods (and possibly other places that sell Vega, but I've never really looked anywhere else). They're just "samples," though, not "free samples." I think they were about a buck-thirty, but I could be wrong.

We did a smoothie fast this week and added Swanson pure pea protein to our smoothies. It worked great, and was MUCH less expensive than others I've seen.
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I drink vega almost everyday!!! It is the most amazing product ever! I work at a health food store, and out of every meal replacement/protein powder we sell, it is by far the best one.

I find it has been really important in my weight loss. It fills me up and helps cut the cravings!
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also, check out their Thrive Forward program! It has tuns of amazing videos and great recipes and tips for clean eating!
  • KetsyBaby
    KetsyBaby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just bought a tub of the Vanilla VegaOne Nutritional Shake today, as my doctor wants me to aim for 100g of protein per day for weight loss (based on my current weight and the amount I still have to lose till I can have surgery on my bad gut). I was struggling to even get 80g of protein from dietary sources alone even with lots of Soy Milk, TVP and Soy Protein Isolate Meats, and High Protein Grains, Beans and Nuts. I just checked out the Thrive website ( http://thriveforward.com ) and am looking forward to watching the pile of videos recommended based on my chief concerns.

I like that it is tailored to the individual (the website that is), and it is not just focused on athletes either. I have most of my issues with mood, sleep, and general health concerns, and it was really nice to see that those were part of the Thrive focus. I think I may check out the books and resources, depending on how I like what I see and how the shakes taste.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to prepare the shakes? They are super expensive:
    $31.99 for 414g Plant Based VegaOne All-In-One Nutritional Shake French Vanilla
    ON SALE at Shoppers Drug Mart, Toronto, Canada

Are they best right away or do they hold for a bit? Are they best with water or soy/almond milk? Do you find berry, chocolate, plain, or vanilla flavor your favorites? Is there a smoothie recipe you use when you make the shakes?

Just looking for ideas. Anything will help! :drinker:

:heart: Ketsy :heart: , Vegan x 5 Weeks And Loving It!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    9159792.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I currently use Vega One berry flavor protein powder and it's by far the best plant based protein powder I've ever had. It mixes well, it tastes good, and even though I eat a lot of spinach Vega One is a big source for my iron intake. It is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. I just used my last scoop this morning, so I need to go shopping for more tonight. :smile:
  • setaseba
    setaseba Posts: 11
    Options
    I use vega one berry every morning and mix it with the vega antioxidant plant oil, cherry concentrate and benefibre along with a 1/2 scoop of veggie protein powder

I get a huge start on my day protein, nutrient and fibre wise and it's pretty filling so I don't go on a snack binge halfway through the morning at work

plus it counts as 3 of my glasses of water (yuck) for the day but tastes better :)
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've tried it twice, but just felt like I was gagging it down :(
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I used to use vega and sun warrior but I found myself adding other supplement powders to it and still taking vitamins, so now I only drink shakeology and that covers all my nutritional needs.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Not a fan. Never noticed much of a difference in how I felt with vegan proteins until I got soy protein powder.