Anyone doing th SoCal Spartan this month?

Options
RobynLB
RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
Hi! I just signed up as a volunteer for the ScCal Spartan at the end of January. You can still sign up as a volunteer and run in a volunteer heat for free! I think it's super cool that Spartan does this. Anyone going to this race? I'm volunteering at the festival on Saturday, and running on Sunday.

Replies

• FootPatrol
    Options
    Thought it was booked up for volunteers. my team and I are doing Tough Mudder in Feb at the same location. We did Spartan Sprint in Malibu in Dec. That was fun, except for the rain.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    THEY STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS! SIGN UP!

Katie Morrison <katiem@spartanrace.com> Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    Spartan Volunteers!

Thank you so much for volunteering for the upcoming SoCal Super Spartan! I will have more details in the coming weeks about parking, waivers, final details, etc., but I wanted to send you an email about a few additional opportunities that we have while we will be in Temecula. Here they are:

1.) Volunteers needed to help build the Spartan Socal Race Course. Come experience the event from a perspective rarely seen while working alongside our creative, skilled and colorful production staff. Put in a day helping to build the course 1/18-29 and get free registration to a race of your choice. All interested should contactour build director at russell@spartanrace.com. Please include your full name, phone number, days you're available and, although not necessary, any special skills you possess. Aroo!

2.) We also have a PAID opportunity for a production runner (not runner as in walking/running, but an assistant to help our team with duties leading up to the race.) :) This person should be someone who is smart, able to show up full days from 1/20 (but maybe earlier) thru 1/25 and then again 1/28 and 1/29. You will need a car, a phone and good common sense. You will be running errands, managing office and radios, simple support things for production. The pay is $125 per day, and you get a free race entry. If you are interested and can commit to ALL the days listed, please email me at katiem@spartanrace.com.

3.) We will need to adjust some volunteer shift times (especially on Sunday). I will email you with more details about that if your shift is affected, so keep an eye out.

4.) We are still very much in need of volunteers for Sunday, so please encourage your friends and family to sign up!

5.) You all are AWESOME! Your hard work and service is what will make the SoCal Super Spartan AMAZING!

Thank you!
    Katie Morrison

Katie Morrison

Volunteer Coordinator
    Spartan Race Inc.

To sign up to volunteer, visit: www.spartanrace.com/be-a-spartan-volunteer.html