Motivational pictures

Options
sarahp86
sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
So I'm going through a rough patch. I'm just under 6'1" and weigh 246lbs. Have any of you ladies reached your goal weight or got even half way there? If you do please give some advice and post pictures, I find them really motivating x

Replies

• JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am about half way and if you look at my pics on my profile there is such a difference. I'm on my phone so not that easy to post pics in the message board. I am 5'9 and got down to 182 in my profile pic. My heaviest was 230! I got off track and am back at 196 right now but just started back with the motivation that I am not going to let the holidays or winter get me fat! (Plus I am going to be a bridesmaid in April so I have til beginning of March to lose and get the dress altered or maybe exchange it down for a smaller size!!)
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started at 292 in 2006 and now I'm 178.. my goal is 170 but I'm trying to tone up so I may reevaluate that; I have a lot of extra skin on my stomach =/ but I've never been happier!!! Slow & steady ladies!

jumpsuit-1.jpg
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I started at 292 in 2006 and now I'm 178.. my goal is 170 but I'm trying to tone up so I may reevaluate that; I have a lot of extra skin on my stomach =/ but I've never been happier!!! Slow & steady ladies!

jumpsuit-1.jpg

That's amazing!! Thanks for posting!!!
  • talia25
    talia25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

jumpsuit-1.jpg

Wow, you look like a completely different person. Great job
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2'' and weigh 237. I lost 25 lbs in March and have kept it off, but have been up able to get the motivation to make the effort to lose more. My friend and I have a "bet" going, which we started about 6 weeks ago, but so far none of us have budged. I'm starting again today. No drinking. No "allergen" ridden food, let's do this together!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and at my heaviest was 294 pounds. I now weigh somewhere around 168-170, which is past my goal weight of 180.
    I started with 56% body fat and now have 23% body fat.

then-1-1.jpg

wow.jpg

There was no secret to how I got healthy - I just ate nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks in sensible portions, drank lots of water, and moved my body.

Here are some of the tips I give people when they ask for my advice based on what worked for me:

1) The quality of your calories - whether 1200 or 2000 - really does matter, not only in how it impacts weight loss, but how it impacts your overall health. Filling your body with NUTRITIOUS foods is just as important (if not more so) than just staying within your calorie goals.

2) Find a kind of exercise you enjoy and do that until you build the habit of exercising because you are less likely to skip working out if it is something you enjoy. Then start incorporating new things - you not only will work new muscles, but you may find new things you enjoy.

3) Eliminate temptation. If you are an emotional eater, don't keep junk food around. If it isn't available, you're less likely to binge on it.

4) Indulge cravings... sensibly. If you are dying for chocolate, have some, BUT... try to find the healthiest option (for example, one small square of dark chocolate, or make some hot cocoa with some milk or almond milk, cocoa powder, and stevia, which is a natural no-calorie sweetener) and keep the portion small. If you completely deprive yourself, you're going to binge. If you are sensible about things, you won't feel deprived.

5) Drink lots of water. It helps in so many areas. Yes, it does help with weight loss, but it also helps your body function better, flushes out excess sodium, keeps you feeling full longer, and the list goes on and on.

6) Don't skip meals! Eat breakfast in the morning to fuel your body and get your metabolism going. Have a mid morning snack (fruit or nuts are good, or maybe some yogurt). Have a sensible lunch. Have a mid-afternoon snack (I am a huge fan of baby carrots and will eat several servings a day - they are so crunchy that they are really satisfying). Eat a nutritious dinner in a sensible portion. Don't go for seconds. Have a glass of water before and after and then wait 20 minutes after you are done eating. If you are still hungry, have a piece of fruit or some extra veggies.

7) Don't give up! If you stumble or mess up one meal, one day, or even for a whole week, just start over.

8) Listen to MFP. If it gives you a calorie goal that is a lot higher than other people's - LET IT! A heavier body requires more calories to function and MFP will give you the deficit you need to lose weight steadily and in a healthy manner (not more than 2 lbs/week). Don't try to eat 1200 calories if MFP recommends more (including at least a decent chunk of your exercise calories) unless specifically advised (and monitored) by a doctor. That isn't enough for most people and you can't get adequate nutrition on it.

9) This is the motto I go by:
    EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE ABOUT WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY AND HOW YOU MOVE YOUR BODY WILL EITHER PUT YOU ONE STEP CLOSER TO GOOD HEALTH OR ONE STEP FURTHER AWAY.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is the motto I go by:
    EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE ABOUT WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY AND HOW YOU MOVE YOUR BODY WILL EITHER PUT YOU ONE STEP CLOSER TO GOOD HEALTH OR ONE STEP FURTHER AWAY.

This, so much. Another thread said something about how one bad meal in a sea of healthy ones isn't going to make you healthy, just like one healthy meal in a string of unhealthy ones won't make yuo healthy.

I'm only 5'9, & I have no idea what my highest weight was. I never weighed myself after I hit 220, but I know that I gained weight pretty steadily for about another year before I realised that at 24 I was going to be a size 26, the pants that I had just bought two weeks before no longer fit & that I was headed for the same health problems as literally everyone in my family.
    Semi-before (no Facebook at work & I have some really awful / good ones there to add later) :
    th_IMG00358.jpg

th_IMG00047.jpg

What I ate & was proud of eating:
    th_IMG00346.jpg

Now:
    th_IMAG0453.jpg
    th_IMAG0275.jpg

I know I still have a lot of toning up to do (ugh upper arms & lower belly >.< ), but holding steady at 160 - 165 feels pretty good, lol.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I don't know why those last two are saying they've been deleted, they so haven't lol. Gogo uploading to profile!
  • fortunerose
    Options
    Great tips
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options

jumpsuit-1.jpg

AMAZING!!!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and at my heaviest was 294 pounds. I now weigh somewhere around 168-170, which is past my goal weight of 180.

then-1-1.jpg

wow.jpg

There was no secret to how I got healthy - I just ate nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks in sensible portions, drank lots of water, and moved my body.

Here are some of the tips I give people when they ask for my advice based on what worked for me:

1) The quality of your calories - whether 1200 or 2000 - really does matter, not only in how it impacts weight loss, but how it impacts your overall health. Filling your body with NUTRITIOUS foods is just as important (if not more so) than just staying within your calorie goals.

2) Find a kind of exercise you enjoy and do that until you build the habit of exercising because you are less likely to skip working out if it is something you enjoy. Then start incorporating new things - you not only will work new muscles, but you may find new things you enjoy.

3) Eliminate temptation. If you are an emotional eater, don't keep junk food around. If it isn't available, you're less likely to binge on it.

4) Indulge cravings... sensibly. If you are dying for chocolate, have some, BUT... try to find the healthiest option (for example, one small square of dark chocolate, or make some hot cocoa with some milk or almond milk, cocoa powder, and stevia, which is a natural no-calorie sweetener) and keep the portion small. If you completely deprive yourself, you're going to binge. If you are sensible about things, you won't feel deprived.

5) Drink lots of water. It helps in so many areas. Yes, it does help with weight loss, but it also helps your body function better, flushes out excess sodium, keeps you feeling full longer, and the list goes on and on.

6) Don't skip meals! Eat breakfast in the morning to fuel your body and get your metabolism going. Have a mid morning snack (fruit or nuts are good, or maybe some yogurt). Have a sensible lunch. Have a mid-afternoon snack (I am a huge fan of baby carrots and will eat several servings a day - they are so crunchy that they are really satisfying). Eat a nutritious dinner in a sensible portion. Don't go for seconds. Have a glass of water before and after and then wait 20 minutes after you are done eating. If you are still hungry, have a piece of fruit or some extra veggies.

7) Don't give up! If you stumble or mess up one meal, one day, or even for a whole week, just start over.

8) Listen to MFP. If it gives you a calorie goal that is a lot higher than other people's - LET IT! A heavier body requires more calories to function and MFP will give you the deficit you need to lose weight steadily and in a healthy manner (not more than 2 lbs/week). Don't try to eat 1200 calories if MFP recommends more (including at least a decent chunk of your exercise calories) unless specifically advised (and monitored) by a doctor. That isn't enough for most people and you can't get adequate nutrition on it.

You are an inspiration to me. I am going to use your tips. Thanks!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Backstory
    I'm 6' and reached approx. 205 after three injuries in under two years. Bad eating habits coupled with lots of nights out drinking and eating fast food at 2 or 3am plus being injured makes for a really ugly body. I had lost some weight before stumbling across MFP so my starting weight on this site was 190 in May 2011.

Here are a series of before and durings for you as I'm not yet as lean as I'd like to be.

FATPICS1.jpg
    IMG_20110828_1549221.jpg
    7429592_1767.jpg
    294330_1728510352391_1827424043_1133128_4587526_n.jpg
    StPatricksComparison.jpg
    May2011-Feb2012.jpg
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Backstory
    I'm 6' and reached approx. 205 after three injuries in under two years. Bad eating habits coupled with lots of nights out drinking and eating fast food at 2 or 3am plus being injured makes for a really ugly body. I had lost some weight before stumbling across MFP so my starting weight on this site was 190 in May 2011.

Here are a series of before and durings for you as I'm not yet as lean as I'd like to be.

FATPICS1.jpg
    IMG_20110828_1549221.jpg
    7429592_1767.jpg
    294330_1728510352391_1827424043_1133128_4587526_n.jpg
    StPatricksComparison.jpg
    May2011-Feb2012.jpg
    Awesome, your legs look amazing!
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Tearing up, here! Great job, amazing! I feel your happiness, and it's so inspiring! JUST what I needed after a girls' weekend that consisted of a few too many margaritas! THANK YOU for sharing this!!
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't know you to post pics, but if you look under my photos, I have my results pics from the last 12 weeks.
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also, I joined a great fitness group that gives me support, motivation and keeps me accountable. You are welcome to join if you are still struggling. I honestly can say it changed my life! The people there are so great!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/50shadesoffitness/
  • alemiszki
    Options
    Also, I joined a great fitness group that gives me support, motivation and keeps me accountable. You are welcome to join if you are still struggling. I honestly can say it changed my life! The people there are so great!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/50shadesoffitness/

You joined, or you created?
  • atlmane
    Options
    Thanks for this before and after pic. I have never tried slow and steady, but I believe that is the key:smile:

jumpsuit-1.jpg
  • buckyphoto
    Options
    I posted one on my profile of a before and after... before was October 1, 2011 when I weighed 274lb's, after was December 30, 2012 weighing 164 (sorry for the hung-over face and messy hair... in the after photo, I actually had a hangover plus food poisoning from a bad papa murphy pizza... uug) it's not the "best" photo, but it was the most recent that showed about the same size difference. I really wish I had found this back in Oct 2011 because it was hard not to lose hope hitting goal's 1-3!
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options

You don't know how much I appreciate this. (Cals are at 800 and mfp has me at 1670 but my dr put me on that cal amount Diagnoised w liver diaseas @ 28 because of my weight) Thank you so much you are an amazing inspirtation for me.