New to this group

Options
Hey there,

My name is Kooch and I am new to MFP. Just discovered this group which is right up my ally so joined and wanted to introduce myself... I'm 33 from Lunenburg, MA and ride an 09 Roadking Classic. I've been in an M/C for over 4 years.... Riding is a major part of my life, almost the core of everything I do.

.... so anyways, just wanted to say hello and hoping to make some friends on here....

Ride safe for those of us who don't "Winterize and store" up here in New England.... for the rest, we are already on the countdown to Spring..... For those who don't live in NE, Screw you!!!.....lol! (Totally jealous!)

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    lol Welcome! Here in Arkansas we have a bit of a longer riding season than New England, but if it makes you feel better it's currently 20 degrees here and I'm seriously suffering from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). Welcome to the group of us who are trying to improve our power to weight ratio! :)
  • skeezmour
    skeezmour Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kooch,

Welcome to MFP. Love riding so much. Had to shoot down to CA this last weekend and got to go take a ride with Mike Corbin so that was a nice change from the 18 degrees the PNW has had lately.

Hope your riding season is long this year and see you on the road!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Kooch & Welcome to the Group :smile:

I'm in WI & patiently waiting for Spring to arrive! This will be my 1st Full Riding Season since I just got my license in June & my new Bike & started Riding in July of 2012. It was a short season for me so I'm Totally Excited for this year...YEA! :happy:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Hi Kooch,

I'm in upstate NY so we're not all that far away. It's only January and I'm already tired of the snow. PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) is kicking in for me too, especially since it was 45 here today and the roads are dry. I was truly tempted!

icimani (aka The Traveler)
    aka Ginny
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    gosh - hate to rub it in, but ride all year here in FL. sometimes we have to put on leathers, but other than that perfect state for the best hobby there is! Welcome to the group Koch -
  • lorcart
    Options
    Yeah, but when we DO get to ride we actually get to ride on the SIDES of our tires a lot...and not just on on and off ramps! lol TWISTIES RULE! :p
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but when we DO get to ride we actually get to ride on the SIDES of our tires a lot...and not just on on and off ramps! lol TWISTIES RULE! :p

That's what I LOVE about living in the NC mountains. I'm literally surrounded by awesome riding roads!

JM
  • icimani
    Options
    I live near the Adirondack Mtns in upstate NY - very similar to the Smoky Mtns in TN and NC - unfortunately, with a shorter riding season. Gotta love those twisties!

94709607_250x250_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg
  • NKMC79
    NKMC79 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks kiddo.. I appreciate the response... I don't appreciate you rubbing in the weather!....lol
  • NKMC79
    Options
    Just took mine out the other day.. .it was in the mid 30's, actually warm this time of year.... The next day, 4" of snow... WTF!....lol
  • NKMC79
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world on two weels. Definitely have a special respect for that alone!
  • NKMC79
    Options
    Don't fight the temptation if conditions will remotely allow... the withdrawels are similiar to that of which a crackhead in a padded rm go through without their fix... I can't wait for the next sunny/dry day... even if it's remotely doable..ll
  • NKMC79
    Options
    I ride with the NKMC and my boys down there say the same thing.... so I'm used to people rubbing it in.. nice to meet you!
  • starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    Options
    Just saying HI to all !!

I'm in Ontario, Canada looking out my window at snow and counting the days til March 1 AND crossing my fingers that we'll have a long season this year.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ride safe for those of us who don't "Winterize and store" up here in New England.... for the rest, we are already on the countdown to Spring..... For those who don't live in NE, Screw you!!!.....lol! (Totally jealous!)

Rode mine's to work this morning. For that matter, every day this week. Today, it'supposed to be 75 here in New Orleans. Looking forward to the ride home! :bigsmile:
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow in East Tn, we're expecting 70 degrees.
    Definite ride-to work day.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow in East Tn, we're expecting 70 degrees.
    Definite ride-to work day.

My weather app says 61 now, a high of 73 and only 10% chance of rain. Hell yeah, I rode to work!
  • icimani
    Options
    I'm SOOO jealous!!

I'm in upstate NY - wer'e expecting 2-4" of snow and the dreaded "wintery mix" today.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    we are breaking record highs here in N Florida - supposed to be 84 today, but am stuck at work. then this weekend chilling out to the mid 30's. crazy weather - but still riding. the BEST state ever is to ride in alaska - that is where I learned. Of course the riding season was a WHOLE lot shorter :)
  • lorcart
    Options
    Well it was in the 70s the past 2 days, although it stormed like crazy yesterday..but today we have sleet! lol Ah well...We'll take those 70 degree days when we can get them.