Supportive Network of Family and Friends

Options
It's important as we continue on this weightloss journey, to be surrounded by supportive people, right? Have you been receiving the support that you'd like or has it been difficult to do so? Lately, my relatives, parents, brother, and closest friends have become super supportive and I've even inspired them to make a positive lifestyle change but then there's always that one or two people in your life that tempt you by bringing fatty foods in your face and saying, "Come on! Only one bite. It won't hurt?" WHY? WHY WHY?

Replies

• PipBnz
    PipBnz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It was definitely difficult at the beginning, even at home i would get half-nasty comments about choosing to have protein shakes after workouts. To be honest i don't think that anyone believed i could stick to any of this.

But.... at almost day 40 ( Yay! ) and everyone is starting to accept that this is working for me and just being really supportive (although one of my best friends still thinks i'm an idiot for watching food and exercising....still cant find the logic in that but hey, i'm happy)

There are definitely always those few people that will try and make you eat things you just don't want to, I must admit i have become very good at saying "no thanks" without giving an explanation.

Love having all my MFP friends, always there for advice and support, i don't know if i would have made it this far without all of them :)