belly dance drills

Options
aerochic42
aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
I'm trying to get back into dancing, and know I need to rebuild my strength, stamina, balance, and muscle memory. I've decided that for me the way to get going again is start drilling. Does any have websites or ideas for good drills? Do you 'measure' them in terms of time, 8 counts, something else?

Replies

• raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The best way to get back into dancing, is just to put on music and start moving. You may want to try basic slide/lift/drop drills to the front, side, back. Works for rib cage movements too. Have fun!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    One of my favorites is bellydance superstars introduction to bellydance dvd. It focuses on isolations and is excellent to get you going again.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long you've danced and how long its been, just pull out the music and start with Bellydance 101: chest slides, hip slides, hip hits, hip lifts, hip drops, chest lifts, chest drops, hip circles, snake arms, figure 8's (front to back, back to front, bottom to top, top to bottom), ect. Base your counts based on the counts in your music.
    Then pick a song and start doing combinations.

Above all, remember to just have fun!
  • Goatgodess
    Goatgodess Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Zoe Jakes Killer DrillZ, I certainly was not as flexible as Zoe when I started but I have improved. It helped my balance alot. I do the warm up (15min) everyday and pick a drill section (about another 10 minutes) Then just put on the music and dance.
  • annacozette
    annacozette Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If anyone is looking for help with drills, I just found this youtube channel with some great videos, chest drills and all!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCILlkmEHpykeIb1O6epUxyw
  • Goatgodess
    Goatgodess Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bellydance with Mahin, Daily bellydance quickies. She does a daily education and has some great drills. Otherwise I love Zoe Jakes Killer Drillz. Great work out and you can break it down to 20 minute sections and do a different one each day.