My story

Options
clf1960
clf1960 Posts: 13 Member
Hi,
Next month I will be 7 yrs out from my Roux-N-Y. I was 400 just before surgery dropped down to 210, I'm 6ft tall and was in a size 12 pants, I had not been that size since the 5th grade. I had the small bounceback that the doctor expected and leveled off between 225-230 I was happy with my size. I had my second knee replacement done about 6 months after surgery and everything was great. then the first knee replacement failed and I had to have a revision so this was my 3rd total knee replacement. I wasn't excercising other than the PT, but I started eating carbs to relieve the stomach pain from the pain meds. Soon after that I had to have my left talor joint fused, then I had a frozen shoulder and had surgery for that. My weight crept up but I wasn't too upset. Then a doctor put me on a medication for my migraines which worked at first but then started making me fall down, lose my memory etc. I had been in school for Billing and Coding, I had to give that up, I thought I had early onset alzheimers, you can figure the rest, I gave up and ate anything I wanted. But then a different doctor took me off the medication, and i'm back in school, and it has been very difficult being a mom, wife and going to school and i'm one of those people who HAS to get good grades and I carry a 3.89 right now.
But the good news is, I graduate in May, My husband is taking me on a cruise in June for combination graduation/anniversary gift. SOOOOOO I am now at 280 I want to be back down to 250 or lower by that cruise . This next quarter is going to be crazy since I have 16.5 units. I need support outside of my husband who is also struggling with his weight.
So that's my story. Thanks

Replies

• on2anewme
    on2anewme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me clf1960. I am bound and determined to do this now. I'm very focused.
    That is awesome that you are going on a cruise! Where to? My husband and I went on our first a couple years ago. I cannot wait to go again! I LOVED being thinner and enjoyed it much more than I would have heavy. It is like being reborn, isn't it?

I wish you the best,

Debbie
  • clf1960
    clf1960 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How are you doing on2anewme? you didn't mention when you had your surgery, how have you done with it. We went on our first cruise in 2011 but our 20 yr old went with us, we went to the western Carribean, then to Disney world for 4 days. We also drove from Nebraska to Florida and back so it was interesting. This time it just the two of us. I enjoyed being able to walk around on the ship and not feel like the biggest blob. I have been able to do so many things I wouldn't have been able to do without the surgery. Right now i'm struggling with severe anemia and am seeing my hematologist in the morning to see if I have to have iron infusions, I'm also very low on vitamin D. Make sure you take all your vitamins!
  • on2anewme
    on2anewme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am four and a half years out. Other than gaining again, I'm doing great. I do take my vitamins, I sure know how important that is. Plus drinking! Most times I don't even feel like I've had the bypass.
    Thank you for friending me, we can support each other on our journeys!