Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you think certain foods effect ovulation?

Noradun
Noradun Posts: 19 Member
Hi my name is Laura-Ann. I am a mother of 3 who has been TTC #4 for 2 1/2 yrs. I have struggled to conceive each of my children due to lack of ovulation. This is my last month actively TTC. Honestly I am just over the stress and disappointment. Its so hard to have hope that conception will occur, when ovulation can't even occur. So after this cycle we are just gonna give it up and let God work his magic. But I am curious, do you ladies think any food in-particular has a connection to a lack of ovulation, or to PCOS itself? I am really hoping that if I continue to lose weight, and exercise that ovulation will resume. But I am wondering if my love for certain foods could cause a problem in itself? Thanks for any replies!

Replies

• Hi Laura-Ann! I believe certain foods do in fact affect ovulation and PCOS in general. I try to stay away from soy if at all possible and avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague! I actually got my cycle pretty much on track after not having them but twice a year from cutting out the hfcs. I also try to stay away from pastas, and anything that will send my bs out of whack.

There is a video that I watched that the Dr talked about hfcs and sugar that I will try to find and post for you. I have to warn you it's over an hour but well worth it.

Sara
  • This is the link to the video. He goes into why hfcs and sugar and why we need to cut them out and how our bodies really don't break down the hfcs and what it does to our bodies....it can be drawn out at some points and you'll want to turn it off but stick with it and finish watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Hi Laura-Ann! I believe certain foods do in fact affect ovulation and PCOS in general. I try to stay away from soy if at all possible and avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague! I actually got my cycle pretty much on track after not having them but twice a year from cutting out the hfcs. I also try to stay away from pastas, and anything that will send my bs out of whack.

There is a video that I watched that the Dr talked about hfcs and sugar that I will try to find and post for you. I have to warn you it's over an hour but well worth it.

Sara

Just wondering, why soy? I thought that with PCOS it was good to replace dairy products with alternatives because of the hormones in dairy and cow products?