Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fresh Start

I am brand new to all of this and so far sooooo good. I could always use extra support especially awesome people near or in Rochester! I am looking to shed 70lbs! Is there anyone out there with a success story or hell even a story of their journey anything will help!

Replies

• rtbk449
    rtbk449 Posts: 29 Member
    Best of luck to you as you start this journey! MFP is a great tool with many resources, and people for motivation. There are SO MANY wonderful stories and picture logs to help you stay motivated.

I just relocated to Rochester in the Fall, and am learning my way around this place!
  • Thanks! Welcome to Rochester! Congratulations on your 16 lbs :) If you don't mind me asking what was your weight and height? I am 5'4 and 270 pounds :( I am lucky and work for the Y so I am able to use a membership to the gym which for me is a large help. I would love to find more people and make some new friends on this mission!
  • rtbk449
    rtbk449 Posts: 29 Member
    I am just under 5'3" and presently 249....so we are pretty close.

I have been contemplating joining the Y, or Planet Fitness, I just need to know that I won't be wasting my money, and not going. My b/f does CrossFit, but I KNOW I can not handle that stuff yet. There is no way!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Hi I'm Jill :)
    I go to the Y. It's great! Good luck on your journey!
  • hi, i am also on a similar journey as you all. i am at 5'3 with just under 100 lbs to go til i see my goal weight! i just cancelled my LA Fitness , and joined the Y also. i love it. i do post and try to encourage my friends daily. feel free to add me..i will be around here for a long time, and love this sight a lot. TYVM, Marie