Successful Completion of CTL Week 1

Options
Got my first week in & I must say I'm loving it!!! Yesterday was my first Fun Day & wow, I thouroughly enjoyed it. It was nice to treat myself to a few things I hadn't had in awhile, guilt free - like a cheesy pasta & some ice cream, but I must say, I don't feel like I've been depriving myself, I'm looking forward to going back to my CTL foods & the satisfaction of knowing I'm eating healthy. I will confess tho that I didn't rest yesterday. I had to go for a walk because the weather was so beautiful, so I ended up taking 2 walks. Oh well, I didn't do any strength training or anything tho. Honestly, because of the energy I've had this last week, there was no way I would have been able to rest!!! I have had an amazing week since starting CTL. My energy levels are through the roof from morning until night. I feel fantastic. I have been extremely productive & my brain is functioning clearly, I have been in the greatest mood every day, I just simply feel wonderful. AND I've lost 3lbs.

How has everyone else's progress been going???

Replies

• Great job!!!!!

I'm still loving this plan too! I was SO excited to see the number on the scale this morning, even after my free day on Saturday. I'm refraining and not recording it here though, as I've picked Saturday as my official WI day. I had a hard choice last night, but did great. We went to a small family party for my niece and I knew there would ice cream cake there. It was a LC day for me, as I just had my free day on Saturday. I decided to eat healthy and low carb for the day and just do my best at the party. I had a really big salad, small chicken enchilada, and small slice of ice cream cake (with at least 4 cups of water, I kept refilling my cup). The scale showed a nice LOSS, even with this small cheat. I was actually hungry later that night, but had green tea and got busy forget about food. It worked! :smile:
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Seriously?? No one wants to share their progress??? C'mon people!!!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started on New Years Eve and did great for the first week, had the flu all last week so didn't eat much of anything, and am starting again today. Doing great so far, just not exercising because I'm still really congested and don't have much energy yet. Going to try a walk tomorrow.
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am stuck and trying to figure out what I am going to do. I have been staying at 1200 calories on lc and 1500 calories on hc. One day I am down 4 -6 oz. and then the next day I am back up. So I am frustrated and trying to figure out if I need to eat more. I have not been eating my exercise calories which have only been around 300 a day. I have been so sore from the 30 day shred I really haven't done anything else. I am going to change that this week though even if it hurts. I know some people on here eat a lot more and lose but I havent' been that lucky. I did lose initially on the plan. Then Christmas hit and I wasn't doing the plan as much but still was trying to. I increased the water last week too. I haven't lost any inches either but have noticed my jeans looser. So I am hopeful it is coming soon.

So unfortunately I don't really have any success to report but I am still going to keep trying. I am measuring everything and really staying on track.

I'm glad everyone else is having such great success on the program. That is really cool. I will get there.

Julie
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Great! Job! JB and How2!!!!! I want a full week+ in before I report. I started midweek last week. I'll weigh in Saturday which is fun day for me. I hope to be down a pound then. I do feel good on plan!

Ramsfan are you weighing daily? If so I'd do a weekly average because it is normal to bounce all over the scale. You are likely retaining water from muscle repair with the 30DS.
  • ramsfan84
    Options
    I do weigh in the am just to see if it is more than a couple of ounces. I don't want to put that in as my weight because then the next day I am up. I do think it has something to do with the 30 DS and hope I will see a loss eventually.

Thanks for your help and support. You rock.

Julie
  • Julie, try eating half of your exercise calories. That's what WW recommends and what I've done for years. If you don't eat any of those extra calories, it makes it harder to maintain your weight once you reach your goal.
  • ramsfan84
    Options
    Okay I will try that.

Thank you so much.

I appreciate your help a bunch.

Julie
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am stuck and trying to figure out what I am going to do. I have been staying at 1200 calories on lc and 1500 calories on hc. One day <snip>
    Julie

Julie, I just took a VERY QUICK look at your food diary for the last couple of days. The biggest thing that stood out for me is that your snacks were small calories and your meals were much larger. Also, it was hard to tell right off the bat which day was a LC and which was a HC day.

Right now, my recommendation would be to stop worrying about calorie counts. Focus on eating the portion sizes at each meal that chris recommends in the book. That means that each meal should be roughly the same size, and contain the same types of things (protein, veggies and carb or fat). Also, something that might help you is writing "HC or LC" in the notes section for each day.

For at least 1 week, don't worry about the calories you are eating. Focus on the portion sizes, and see what happens.

If you want me to take a closer look at your diary and give you specific pointers, send me a message! I'm willing to do it, and have for others... but I don't want to overstep the boundary if you don't want me to. :)
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My official weight loss for last week was 0.2 pounds, as I didn't record my holiday gain. But I actually lost 3.2 pounds, if you include my holiday weight. I'm thrilled to be at a new low.. and am looking forward to this week... even if I am feeling under the weather today.