Introduce yourself!

Options
Hello!

My name is Shawnt'e, I live in Australia.
I'm in a long term relationship and we have 2 kids.

I first watched FS&ND and it changed my life.

I'm now juicing full time each day with the occasional healthy solid meal as my reward system for reaching my weightloss goals. I've been doing this since 01/01/13.

Since about the 2nd week or so of Dec I have been eating healthy and Juicing and I have lost about 10kgs.

I'm currently 5 foot 7 and I weigh 105.1kgs. My aim is to get into the 80's and then maybe into the 70's.

I'd love to have you all along for my journey. Looking forward to meeting you.

Replies

• mdoljansky
    mdoljansky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Shawnt'e :)
    Thanks for the invite - was looking for a good group!
    I was pretty surprised by all the discouraging / negative replies I received in my juicing post, but you were one of the ones that was one my side! thanks haha & I agree, LOVED FS&ND! Ive juiced in the past with great results, but haven't juiced in a few months and have since gained weight that won't fluctuate at all. =(
    Im trying to go down 50lb ( my full goal) - I'm currently 172lb & HATE IT! I'm not myself at all - this needs to change.

So, officially starting tomorrow 1/15!

xoxo Rina
  • KetsyBaby
    KetsyBaby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ketsy
    I also watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and found it really thought provoking, so much so that I told my dad to watch it and he went out and got himself a great Juicer. Long story short, he gave up after less than a week I inherited the awesome Breville that he bought.

I read Skinny *****, and have been reading lots of other things and made the decision to become a vegan after watching Vegucated, TED Talks Food Series, and Earthlings.

I try to make juicing part of every day, I find it really hydrating and energizing. And try to combine veggies of all colors and types, and use fruits a little more sparingly, mostly for flavor. For me juicing is a life saver, I can't eat much raw veggies, I have IBD and I get frequent bowel obstructions. I love the taste of fresh juice, and find I feel better and better knowing I am getting some of the goodness of the veggies into my system, if not the fiber.

I have well over 200 lbs to lose, so can't weigh myself at home yet, but I know I feel better each day, so I am not worrying about the scale.

:heart: Please Add ME To Your Friends Support Team, I am looking for like minded individuals who are at the beginning, middle, or near goal in their journey to help me stay motivated and positive. I love a great sense of humor! I have a long road ahead of me, and need a good network of friends. :heart:

Ketsy
    40, Female
    GTA, Ontario, CANADA

9159792.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Julie here. I've been juicing for 7 months now and I love it. I have completed a 30 day juice fast and continue to drink a mean green every day.

I'm also pre-op for bariatric surgery in March (vertical sleeve gastrectomy).
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm Marie I'm going to start juicing later today. This time with veggies. I did fruit before and it was really good. I've been so diappointed about losing weight lately iv'e benn working my butt off and have't lost a pound then gained it back. (so easy to do)
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm Jacky and haven't started juicing yet, as I'm saving up for a decent juicer. I've joined now so I can read about everyone's experiences and find out which recipes you all prefer.