Where do you work out?

Options
benmarcum
benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
Currently I have been hitting the downtown YMCA. The weather has been to unpredictable for me to go outside and run and there is no room in my little house for a weight set up.
Of course this means you will see posts from me about the stupid stuff I see at the Y...

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    LOL ... the Y is always good for entertainment!

I work out at Hester's on Blue Lick Road - Bullitt Co. border. I joined because I wanted my son in karate, and there I can work out while he does class. It beats sitting in a chair for an hour or more while he does his thing. And the rock climbing room is the bomb.com too :)
  • n0bail02
    n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I study and work at the university of Louisville, so I do my strength training in their facilities. For my cardio, I have a treadmill at home, so I can exercise while keeping an eye on my toddler. But I get so bored on the treadmill, so whenever the weather allows, I put him in a stroller and run outside.
  • benmarcum
    Options
    I live right by the UofL gym on Bradley. I really wish that they would allow me to go in there to work out because trying to get to the Y downtown is a pain and I have to pay for parking.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    When the weather gets nice, we should all consider meeting for a run - I work in Old Louisville - right across from Central Park :)
  • benmarcum
    Options
    I'd be down for that!
  • n0bail02
    n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    me too...love a group run :)
  • amandabemus2
    amandabemus2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was just looking into gyms is Hesters and quality gym? I want my daughter to do tumbling and my son to do the karate so I am really thinking about it.
  • kellyr730
    kellyr730 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I work out at the NE, Middletown, and Southeast Y's and at home sometimes. I try to run when it's warm too so I would be up for a running meet up too maybe! :)
  • bjconk01
    Options
    I used to work out at the downtown Y, but I usually go to the Oldham county Y with my family or will probably start at Norton Commons when it opens (they have a jacuzzi). Now that I work in New Albany, I'm probably going to start going there sometimes too.
  • NJmom2002
    NJmom2002 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go to the Y here in Jeffersonville.
  • alhunt8587
    Options
    I work out mostly at home (Jillian Michael DVDs & videos on YouTube), but am also training for a 5K so I run a few different places around my neighborhood.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I work out at Planet Fitness in Clarksville, IN. I love this gym. It's only $10 per month w/o a contract and $19 with a contract. I did the contract because I like the Hydromassage machine that I have access too. That is my reward for a good work out. They also have tanning beds and something called red light therapy. I love using the eliptical and the 30 minute weight training circuit. I can also bring a friend for free every day! So if there is anyone in Southern Indiana looking for a good gym, I highly recommend Planet fitness, and they are open 24/7.
  • alhunt8587
    Options
    I work out at Planet Fitness in Clarksville, IN. I love this gym. It's only $10 per month w/o a contract and $19 with a contract. I did the contract because I like the Hydromassage machine that I have access too. That is my reward for a good work out. They also have tanning beds and something called red light therapy. I love using the eliptical and the 30 minute weight training circuit. I can also bring a friend for free every day! So if there is anyone in Southern Indiana looking for a good gym, I highly recommend Planet fitness, and they are open 24/7.

Where are they located in Clarksville?? I used to go to Urban Active when I lived in Louisville, but have not found a good gym since I moved back to Indiana.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I like and workout at anytime fitness
  • spunkyjen7
    spunkyjen7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am looking into Planet Fitness, in Louisville....any one go there?
  • JDFouts29
    JDFouts29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I workout at Derby City Mixed Martial Arts
  • weetzie882
    weetzie882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness (Used to be Urban Active) in St. Matthews. It is on my way into work so I get guilt pangs when I drive by if I haven't planned on working out that day.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    LA fitness on Dixie Hwy
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    For treadmill/bike/light weights I use my basement, when I need to get outside I go to the Commerce Parkway trail in Oldham County.