Daily Inspirations

Options
nadiawilder
nadiawilder Posts: 18 Member
Feel free to share your daily inspirations, excerpts from devotionals or anything that the Lord may be revealing to you through His word regarding this journey we are on together. :)

For today, may we all be reminded that we were made for more! :)

Replies

• Slimspady
    Slimspady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit that you received from God and that lives in you. You don’t own yourselves. God paid a very high price to make you his. So honor God with your body."
    -1 Corinthians 6:19-20
  • Slimspady
    Slimspady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
    -Philippians 4:13
  • nadiawilder
    Options
    Our message today summed up EVERYTHING about physical fitness from a spiritual/biblical perspective. It is soooo, soooo applicable to our lives and this journey!

We were bought at a price and are to honor Him with our bodies. :)

@slimspady, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 was one of the key verses, too!

Message will be broadcast live at 6PM Central and available online afterwards:
    http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/series/brand-new
  • MarlaMcClanahan
    Options
    Amen!!! That is the bottom line, right? When you belong to Him? I wrote something like that on my profile, that God's kids shouldn't have fat bodies or unsatisfied souls. I mean, my husband works hard and is very respected in his field, and I believe he deserves a wife that is as pretty as possible. My kids keep me busy and I want to be able to get down and under and behind stuff to unplug something or pick up something. And sure, I want to look nice. But the bottom line is, am I beautiful to HIM? Am I honoring my Creator? When I asked for wisdom, do I believe He gave it? If so, am I obeying? Am I obeying His Spirit when He says, "That's enough," or am I taking a few more bites because it's "legal"? There are so many facets of weight loss for Christians that the world just could not possibly understand, so I am very thankful I found a Christian group to join on MFP. I was actually spending a lot of time trying to get just the right one, but my 18 year old daughter picked this one for me as soon as I showed it to her. I am glad to be here. :smile:
  • MarlaMcClanahan
    Options
    Hmmm. I thought I posted that as a reply to a post just a few spots up, about honoring God with our bodies. Sorry about that. But I'm still glad to be here!!!!! I would write stuff on my daily logs that I knew would look like foolishness to some but in the middle of all these verses from the Word, I am right at home!!!! Bless the LORD!!!!
  • nadiawilder
    Options
    Welcome, Marla! So glad you are here! :)
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Last night at exercise class I shared this scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:23 "Everything is permissible”—but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible”—but not everything is constructive. In the context is is referring to sexual immorality. However, truly it can be applied to may facets in our lives. We have the choice to make good decisions or bad in all we do. Let us stay focused on good choices that please the creator. Praying we are all strong enough to make healthy choices!
  • nadiawilder
    Options
    So true. One of the most profound revelations from the book (that applies to all areas of our lives) is that boundaries are not there for our restriction, but for our good. Ultimately, for our freedom.

We accept this concept in other ares of our lives - such as marriage, etc. Why not apply this principle when it comes to food as well? :)
  • bowlt
    Options
    Tonight at exercise class I plan to share this.
    Psalm 46:9-11

He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
    He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields with fire.
    He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
    The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
    You may be thinking what, be still... in exercise class? How difficult is it to still your mind? To let it rest, to not be burdened by life and everything that goes with it. How difficult is it to focus on God and God alone? I want them to let everything else in life go for one hour and still their minds. Focus on the inspiring music, the laughter and joy of Christian friends and commune with God, yes all while exercising. Be still their minds while moving their bodies. Get away from work, school, chores, bills, phones, or whatever has them chained down, and just be still their mind to focus on the Almighty. The verse says, he makes wars cease, we are in a type of battle, either by trying to eat better, exercising more or to get healthier. But with God, He will break down what is holding us back, because He is with us. Exalt Him today!
    Praises!
  • MarlaMcClanahan
    Options
    The gals in your exercise class are very blessed. I have dropped or stayed out of so many classes because the music was just not edifying; it is a real blessing to have one to Christian music. I'm not in a class right now, but I am trying to jump on my mini-trampoline 3X a week, adding a minute a week. I'm at fifteen minutes of jumping hard (hard enough for my feet to leave the canvas; not just bouncing, which also has some merit) and four of pilates. I'm also hoping to add a minute of pilates a week, till my total (jumping and pilates) is 29 minutes. I'm not sure what my goal will be then, but I think I will stay there for a while until I can do the whole 20 minutes of jumping with no stops. Ultimately, I'd like to work out hard fifty minutes a day. Anyway, all that to say I put on an upbeat playlist and worship while I jump with Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, Phillips Craig and Dean, or even an Upward (the basketball program) cd. It is so amazing when I do it, I don't know why I ever miss.
  • MarlaMcClanahan
    Options
    On the 1 Corinthians 10:23: Whoa Nelly!!! The context of that is not sexual morality, it is food. On morality the Word is very firm: sex outside of marriage is not for Christians, and is a great and wonderful blessing in it. :smile:
  • MarlaMcClanahan
    Options
    Welcome, Marla! So glad you are here! :)

Thanks!!!
  • bowlt
    Options
    So sorry about messing that up completely and thank you for straitening it out a bet. I was also thinking of 1 Cor. 6:12-13 which has the same wording but refers to both food and immorality.
    Anyway we need to make good choices! Ones that are pleasing to God, since we belong to Him.
  • ReneeBackSewell
    ReneeBackSewell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you, he will never leave or forsake you {NO MATTER YOUR WEIGHT}. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged!
    {ADDED BY ME}!
  • bowlt
    Options
    Psalm 28:7
    The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
  • bowlt
    Options
    Psalm 118:24
    This is the day the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • bowlt
    Options
    Ephesians3: 16-20
    16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
    20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.