HI! Just joined!

Options
Hello, I'm Audrey, I'll be 29 this month... I'm an omnivore but living a mostly plant-based lifestyle. Particularly raw foods. I've learned how to detoxify my body when i give into cravings. i've learned SO much through raw foods that i can't help but BRAG about it! I was going to start my own group, but found this one and thought i would just join. But I'm looking to keep in touch with other OPEN-MINDED vegan, raw vegan foodies or aspiring raw vegan foodies. To help motivate one another, share recipes and advice. If this group is meant for that, then count me in! Extremists and biased foodies I have dealt with in years past and it left me feeling like vegans are horrible people. Bias and act like it's a cult. But I've learned there ARE vegans and raw foodists out there that are respectful and just want to be helpful and bring awareness. Share, don't scare lol. I don't believe in diets or gimmicks. I used to weigh 270 pounds, lost about 90 on my own through fitness and making healthier meal options. I've made a TON of baby steps to get to where I am now. I didn't change over night. But it's been a lot easier on me this time around to live mostly raw because of all the past changes I have made. I am a type 1 diabetic and have to live on insulin. But through raw foods, my blood sugar is now in GREAT control and I feel AMAZING! Words can hardly describe the changed person I am. Anyway, I am just looking to maintain a healthy relationship with food and think outside the box, bag, can or what have you. And set that example for my little one as well. She is 5 and is pretty fit and healthy thanks to me. I can only imagine the way she would be, had I NOT changed my tune! Scares me to even think about it.. Anyway, Raw food inspires me to stay healthy, share with others, keep motivated and eat REAL FOOD in an artificial world. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope I can bring something positive to the group. :O)

Replies

• Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Audrey! Congratulations on all the terrific progress you've made and how much you've learned in the process. I'm with you that change takes time, patience, dedication and openness to learning. I also find that raw foods have improved my life in so many ways though I'm only eating raw about two thirds of the time right now and want to do even more. So I'd be happy to be your friend if you're looking to add any. You can read my profile to learn more about me after we become friends but I live in south central Louisiana, have been on MFP almost a year and am proud to say I've lost 35 pounds since I started in spite of having a chronic illness.

You sound like a great mom! I'm 60 years old and have one daughter who has made me a grandmother three times. I didn't know you could love grandchildren so fiercely but I'm totally swept off my feet by them. Part of why I want to get fit is to enjoy them as long as possible and to actively be there for them.

Best wishes!