And you boys only thought women did it....

Options
POF - Found a guy that was blue eyed red headed...pretty decent lookin. Clicked on him and started up a conversation. Yesterday was pretty slow so I chatted with him. Felt ok enough with giving him my number to text, the app was having fits..

We texted some more and I got into bed, watched some tv, texted and kinda fell asleep on the guy, it was about 10:30
My last message to him was about the show I was watching, followed by lol.
This morning I wake up to:

"I could always come over when the kids are asleep"
"I'm tired of being alone...but whatever"
"I just want to get to know you face to face"
" R u ok"
"Did I make you mad"
"If you r not interested anymore, just let me know"
"Good Morning" - timestamp on this was 4 something AM
"I hope your ok"
"I hope you have a good day"

My picker is broken. :grumble:

Replies

• afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Crrrrrrrrreaaaaaaaaappp!!! WOW :noway:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Haha!

I highly recommend getting a free phone number from Google Voice. You can have the texts go to your phone and reply from that number. When someone goes creep-o on you like this feller, you can simply block them or even ditch the number and get a new one if you have to.

I am jealous of your story, by the way. I'd call that a NSV.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha my goodness!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Geez, somebody give that dude a tampon already.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Damn Gingers..... :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Take away their souls and they become needy little b's
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of your story, by the way. I'd call that a NSV.
    NSV - Never thought of it that way.... lol Woo for me!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    seems like a keeper...
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

HEY!!!!!!!! we're not all like that.......usually :tongue:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sadly I tend to come off either a little needy or totally not interested! I call it enthusiastic.. as would people that know and love me.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I KID.....

Seriously, I'm one in disguise, so I joke all the time. :wink:
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    Sadly I tend to come off either a little needy or totally not interested!

I thought I came off a little excited sometimes.... but this takes the cake I think.

The bad thing is, I was interested....but am really turned off by this. What a shame.
  • farmers_daughter
    Options

OOooo Gingers....do it for me every time. :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That would make my anxiety go through the roof!!! Run!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Love to see those red flags flying first thing in the AM....yikes!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    eeeek!!!
    well, at least you found out before you invested any real time in him........

geesh!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Men do it too, I agree.

I met a guy from EHarmony for 1 hour to have a drink.
    He gave me WAY too many compliments, like every 3rd sentence but I was trying to let it go.
    I decided i woudl see him again, but later in the evening when we were texting he was so overboard.
    Talking about how beautiful I was, how he wants to take me to mexico, how could I like him.
    It was utterly pathetic so the short is, I first told him to lay off the compliments, then I told him it wouldn't work.

He harrassed me in texts for over an hour, then the next day. Saying he was flustered by me, that we were meant to be together, blah blah.

It was sadly pathetic although entertaining.
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    Men do it too, I agree.

I met a guy from EHarmony for 1 hour to have a drink.
    He gave me WAY too many compliments, like every 3rd sentence but I was trying to let it go.
    I decided i woudl see him again, but later in the evening when we were texting he was so overboard.
    Talking about how beautiful I was, how he wants to take me to mexico, how could I like him.
    It was utterly pathetic so the short is, I first told him to lay off the compliments, then I told him it wouldn't work.

He harrassed me in texts for over an hour, then the next day. Saying he was flustered by me, that we were meant to be together, blah blah.

It was sadly pathetic although entertaining.
    I'm afraid this one is going to do the blow up thing too.
    I know that I kind of feel bad for feeling that way, because in a relationship I want to be complimented, I want to be "doted" on, but dayum, not this early and not like this.
    I understand it's lonely and I thank my lucky stars I have my kids to distract me from that deep lonely alone feeling, but he'll be ok, and I'll just go back to not looking for a little bit. (Little bit take it for what it is :laugh: )
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me a couple times. I've learned to not go out with people that assume you are mad or ignoring them if you don't respond in what they consider a timely manner... especially at 4am.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yeah the "I could always come over when the kids are asleep" thing is a bit creepy.... but it also wasn't cool for you to just go to sleep without saying goodbye. There's nothing wrong with saying "I'm tired... I'll catch you later".

When someone goes silent people do usually assume that they said something wrong. That or a meteor has ripped through the other person's house killing them instantly. Well... that's what I think anyway.

And yeah... prolly not a good idea to give out your mobile number too quickly.

Just my opinion.

ps I'm also ginger... or was... sorta boring 'brown' now. Could explain a lot.