inch gain in pregnancy

Options
i cant seem to find any info about average inch gain in pregnancy. im just over 19 weeks and even tho my weight gain is just 3.5lbs i have gained 4inches on my hips and 4inches on my waist!

to me this seems alot but i cant find any info.

as anyone else kept track of inches?

thanks

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I think you should stop worrying about it.

Some women gain inches more than others. I know women who started out much smaller than I did who gained a lot more (as they should) than I have not only in weight but inches.

Don't stress so much about this. Just work on staying healthy and fit and let the measurements go where they're going to go. There's only so much control you really have here. Trying to micromanage is going to drive you completely bonkers.

You're doing great so just don't stress!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The inches will vary so much person to person, much like how much each person gains. I guess I never even though of taking measurements! I am sure I have quite a few inches on the tummy already!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    yeah thanks i dont look massive so i cant complain i knew now i was smaller i would get bigger faster :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    yeah thanks i dont look massive so i cant complain i knew now i was smaller i would get bigger faster :)

My midwife told me that women with wider pelvic bones tend to have smaller bumps than women with narrow set pelvises. How big your frame is matters too. Smaller women will appear a lot bigger than an overweight women at full term just because of the perspective difference.

None of this is really controllable, so I suggest not even bothering to measure or worry about it. Just eat well, stay active, and do what you need to do for your baby. You'll be fine :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Everything P-Rex said!
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post about this, I am 13 weeks tomorrow and have gained 0 pounds but can tell my hips are expanding. With our daughter I put on weight first and didn't really expand or even show until 8 months along. I may track my inches our of curiosity, say once a month or so . I look a lot further along this time but I am 4'11/5 ft'ish and it's a second baby.