1st trimester gain

Options
AmyFett
AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
How much did you gain in your first trimester?

I don't remember with my girls how much, but with my first I gained 60 total, my 2nd, 16.

I've gained 1 lb so far this time around and I'm 8 weeks along. Just curious to see if others have gained yet or gained more/less. =)

Replies

• igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just hit the 2nd trimester a few days ago and so far I lost 2lb at the start and gained them back over the last few months so I'm at 12 weeks and no weight gain so far. I have my calories set at maintenance until later in the 2nd trimester when I'll up it to 200-300.
  • angking23
    angking23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    14wks and Ive gained 2lbs. Gained a good 50+ with my first so really trying to behave this time around lol.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I haven't kept track officially, but I think I gained about 5.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am just over my first trimester... Im 19 weeks tomorrow and ive put on between 10-13 depending on the day!
    Ive been eating good and exercising! But im still packing it on!
    Hopefully it slows down!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am just over my first trimester... Im 19 weeks tomorrow and ive put on between 10-13 depending on the day!
    Ive been eating good and exercising! But im still packing it on!
    Hopefully it slows down!

Mine actually slowed at the end with my 2nd. I gained about 10 really fast with her, then over the last trimester about 6.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My first trimester was the worst! I lost a pound from being so sick. I am currently at 20 weeks and have gained 1.5 pounds. Trying so hard not to gain super amounts of weight!
  • Pukenui
    Pukenui Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im 7 weeks and have lost 4 kgs so far, through watchign what i eat and exercising. I plan to slowly lose until i hit the second trimester :)
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    14 weeks and 2lbs here. I'm on maintenance for my 2nd trimester on my doctor's recommendation.

I don't suggest anyone TRY to lose weight while pregnant (sickness and aversions aside) - for those with that goal.
  • GTSally
    GTSally Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 16th week and have already gained about 5 pounds. I gained 25 total with my first child and would like to gain around the same with this one. It was pretty easy to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight in 3 months with just breastfeeding and walking. I stopped logging food after getting pregnant because I couldn't plan my meals ahead of time any more. I never knew when or what I'd feel like eating! If I start gaining too fast I may have to start logging again to keep it under control.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    13 weeks and gained 4 lbs.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain anything in my first. Now at 16 weeks and have an extra 4.5 pounds.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i gained 1lb in first 10 weeks then by 15 weeks 2lbs now at almost 20 weeks im up to 3.5lbs
  • AlisaConger
    Options
    I am 11 weeks and have gained 2 lbs. My Dr actually scolded me for not gaining enough! I've added 500 calories a day, which I know is double what is recommended. I think Dr's aren't so sure because when I showed my Dr that I've been tracking my food and eating very healthy he calmed down. But he was worried I'd limit myself if I tracked my food. Maybe I do, but really I try to get the vitamins I need since all the prenatals I've tried make my whole body itch, so no vitamins at this point.
  • NicoleStarMiller
    NicoleStarMiller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly ...I'm at 12 weeks & gained 6 pounds.
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    With our daughter I gained maybe two pound in the first four months, third trimester is when most of my pounds attacked, by 40 weeks I had gained a full 70 pounds. That was on top of eating healthy and daily exercise. I didn't even show until 8 months along.

With number #2, it's 13 weeks tomorrow and I've put on 0 pounds. Granted, I'm on the borderline of "obese" for my height, still 20 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. I doubt I'll pull the full 70 again, Lord I hope not...those pounds were so difficult to come off !!

I will add that I wasn't hungry much with Airlie until later on, when she went through major growth spurts, that's when I got hungry and ate more frequently. With #2 I haven't been hungry at all until I hit 12 weeks, so about one week ago. I'm expecting to see a pound jump on me very soon !
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one gaining more than a few? I am at 16 weeks and have gained 9 pounds since finding out i was pregnant back in November. I'm freaking out about my body changing and the weight coming on but i thought i wasn't doing THAT bad! :(
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    First trimester I didn't gain more than a pound. I'm 21 weeks now and up about 12 lbs. It's sneaking on me fast lately. Gotta put those chocolates down. :frown:
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 in my first trimester >.>
    Once my morning sickness started to wane, all I could eat was pizza, so I gained that back quickly.
    I think I was up 10 at 26 weeks.
    And now at 33w5d I'm up 18.
    So by the end of this I think I'll be up 24.

But to be fair I started out at 200, so I have less to gain.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one gaining more than a few? I am at 16 weeks and have gained 9 pounds since finding out i was pregnant back in November. I'm freaking out about my body changing and the weight coming on but i thought i wasn't doing THAT bad! :(

I found out I was pregnant a week or so before thanksgiving and since that time I have put on 12 lbs, and havent officially weighed myself for 3 weeks!!! I am eating at or under maintenance and still gaining more than I should. I think that the body does what the body wants to do. I gained 55lbs with my first even though I exercised and watched what I ate right up to the day I delivered...trust me, you are not alone lol!!!!!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 in the first trimester.