What do you tend to have for breakfast these days?

Options
mzjessicab
mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
I am now finding myself addicted to cereal, any kind. I usually can only have one bowl because I feel stuffed like my stomach is squished. Any other healthy breakfast ideas anyone is satisfied with these days?

Replies

• nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have been eating oatmeal that I add flax meal and chia seeds to. It is super- healthy and tastes great with some raw sugar and cinnamon. It has 12 grams of fiber, 10 grams of protein and lots of DHA and antioxidents.I am not a fan of eggs, so I mostly go for things like hot cereals and once in a while I treat myself to a whole grain bagel with veggie cream cheese.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, lately its been cereal, a yogurt, and always fruit, but when I dont feel so lazy I love breakfast burritos :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    2 eggs on a bagel thin with whipped cream cheese.

I want to add oatmeal into my rotation.....
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have eggs almost every day. I found that if I ate a BF without protein I would inevitably get nausea sooner than if I did.
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I fess up .. !! It's been two whole grain waffles, butter, butter flavored syrup, and a bit of juice on the side. It's my highest calorie meal of the day, though.

Sometimes it's steel cut oats cooked with milk, then add a dash of salt, cinnamon, vanilla...and bring on the butter and a tad sugar.

My food aversions to all things healthy are just now starting to set aside, so I'm starting to be able to stomach healthy things again little by little.

I'm having difficulty putting on weight, so it's been high calorie as much as possible for me for now.
  • CoyaCoya1913
    Options
    I usually eat Kellog's Special K Flatbread sandwiches - however they are not my favorite. I may return to my oldie - Jimmy Dean Dlights. I love the croissant with sausage, egg, and cheese.

Today, however, I forgot my sandwich and went to our Starbucks on base and purchased a small ceasar salad (it had SO much parmesan cheese on it!!!! it was about a tbsp leftover after I had finished!), some caesar dressing, and a fruit and granola parfait (YUM)

That all totalled up to be around 350 calories - I eat around 8:30-9 and was satisfied until around 11:45am.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I work nightso my breakfast is usually dinner foods, cottage cheese and fruit or two eggs poached and toast with orange marmalade. The egg and toast satisfy and salty and sweet craving so i usually can drink water with it.
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I either have cereal with skim milk or 3 egg whites with a bowl of instant oatmeal. It's the same thing I had before getting pregnant. It's my eating after dinner that's gone to pot for me. I get so hungry at night!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    During the week it varies between toast w/milk or yogurt/sliced banana/cereal (sometimes w/OJ) for me. On weekends, I try to do pancakes or homemade turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches for me and the hubs (makes leftovers for the next week too if I'm feeling something different).
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've fallen in love with english muffins again. I go through stages and right now I'm addicted. I do a bit of country crock spread + calcium, and natural strawberry jam. So good. (I occasionally will eat it for dessert too!)