Ovarian drilling

kckrahn
kckrahn Posts: 52 Member
This is the next step in my journey as clomid and injectibles did not work. Has anyone had this done? Any success stories? Any tips?

Thanks

Replies

• kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    I had ovarian drilling August 2004 and was pregnant 5 months later. I don't know if those results are typical. My OB said that if I wasn't pregnant within 6 months after the drilling then I would have to move onto IVF because I had more than a dozen failed IUI's between 2001-2004 with and without injectables, Clomid and progesterone. Good luck, I hope it works for you.:smile:

Edited to add: Since it's been quite some time since I had it done, I don't remember a lot of the details, but it was slightly painful, but nothing Tylenol or Advil couldn't manage. I have three scars, one on my belly button, one above my pubic area and one on my right side of my stomach that were closed with surgical tape and healed within a few days. I was pretty groggy for the afternoon after the surgery and slept a lot. The next day I was up and walking around doing light activities. My surgery was on a Thursday and by the weekend I was back to normal and camping with my husband..
  • kckrahn
    kckrahn Posts: 52 Member
    I had ovarian drilling August 2004 and was pregnant 5 months later. I don't know if those results are typical. My OB said that if I wasn't pregnant within 6 months after the drilling then I would have to move onto IVF because I had more than a dozen failed IUI's between 2001-2004 with and without injectables, Clomid and progesterone. Good luck, I hope it works for you.:smile:

Edited to add: Since it's been quite some time since I had it done, I don't remember a lot of the details, but it was slightly painful, but nothing Tylenol or Advil couldn't manage. I have three scars, one on my belly button, one above my pubic area and one on my right side of my stomach that were closed with surgical tape and healed within a few days. I was pretty groggy for the afternoon after the surgery and slept a lot. The next day I was up and walking around doing light activities. My surgery was on a Thursday and by the weekend I was back to normal and camping with my husband..

Thanks for sharing :)