need more help!

Options
Jan.5th I was 300.8 the Friday Jan. 11th I weighed 294.0 yesterday I was 295.6 I am so frusturated and tired of being so fat even tho i stopped eating alot of my fav foods Im still up, dont even understand!

Replies

• cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It could be water retention. I can't see your diary to see what you ate this last few days. Also, if your monthly cycle (sorry if TMI) may be helping you retain water. What did you stop eating? What have you substituted in? Don't think of it as a diet, girl! It's a lifestyle change. I really do understand your frustration and we want to help you. Please make sure you drink lots of water. If your hungry, you need to eat. Eat several small meals a day and don't wait until your starved! I drink my water before I start eating my meal so it helps me from overeating.

Be extremely honest with your food diary. If you fall off the wagon, log it anyway, so you can see the impact on your diary. I sometimes eat stuff that's too salty, I feel guilty, but log it anyway and then just drink A LOT of water afterwards. You can sometimes make up for messed up ground in the rest of the day.

What I found personally is I don't weight myself in the middle of the day. My weight will rise about 2 lbs through the day and fall back into place by morning. Also, I'll lose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week, then nothing (monthly cycle), then lose like 3 in one week. I'm always mildly disgusted by the lack of weight coming off, but I know if I keep going it makes up for itself the next week.

I had to 'kick start' my metabolism by eating 2 cups of food every 2-3 hours. If it didn't fit in the Rubbermaid container, I saved it for later. I've been premeasuring my food for so long I don't even have to measure anymore. I can tell by the weight of the food in my hand when I chop up carrots how much it equates to.

YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you! Keep up your hard work! Five pounds in two weeks is a great start! Keep in mind it took you a while to get to 300 lbs it will take a while to come off.

Cheers!! :D
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. And don't weigh so often. Once a week is fine.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    yes my weight fluctuates during the week too so limit to once a week ...and dont be
    discouraged...
    go to the inspirational quotes section here for more motiviation...this can be done!!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    you could weigh yourself 5Xs in one day... and each time get a different weight.
    once a week is a great idea.
    keep at it!
    STAY FOCUSED and MOTIVATED!
    we're all in it to win it. =)